Hare-Krishna place. Hot dishes with vegan options and a wide selection of vegetarian, but non-vegan pastry. There is also a small shop in the restaurant where organic ayurvedic teas, spices, exotic fruit juices etc. are being sold. Located outside of the city center, reachable by tram 2 and 4 (tram stop "Majaka") and bus 54 (inquire for bus stop name). Free parking zone. English spoken. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

Mon-Sat 10:00am-8:00pm

First Review by Gudrun
TaunoLaur
TaunoLaur

Excellent food for reasonable price

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

Excellent food, friendly staff and as far as I know, the only 100% vegetarian (with good vegan options) restaurant in Tallinn. Due to the location no hassle to find vacant table.

Pros: Food, Staff, Reasonable value for money
Cons: Location (for a tourist)
Gudrun
Gudrun

Gauranga - a new veggie place in Tallinn

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

"Gauranga" is a small Hare-Krishna restaurant and shop outside of Tallinn's city center. I went here one week after their opening, in June 2013.

I took a tram from the city center and got out at tram stop "Majaka", from there it took me a 5-10 minutes walk to the place.

The friendly staff gave me a warm welcome. I asked for vegan options and unfortunately those were limited to salad, a lentil soup and a kofta dish with yellow rice and some salad. I went for the soup and the kofta dish. The soup was very tasty and the kofta dish was ok, although I found the kofta a bit bland.

There was quite a selection of nice-looking pastry, but none of it was vegan. Same with the drinks, apart from tea (in tea bags) and some tropical juice from the shop.

The interior of the restaurant is simple, but nice and inviting.

A good place for vegetarians, and I hope with time it will become a good place for vegans, too.

Pros: friendly staff, good vegetarian food, fair pricing
Cons: not many vegan options, outside of city center

Dear Owner and Manager of Gauranga: