CLOSED: Gaura Good Food

Serves meat, veg options available. Previously all vegan but no longer all veg as of Nov 2011, as reported to HappyCow. Relaxed and spacious. Food is served on biodegradable starch plates which are returned to a compost bucket. No alcohol. Vegans need to inquire. NOV 2013 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Non-veg
University of Waikato main campus, Student Union Building (Knighton Road)
Hamilton, New Zealand

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by CourtneyQuinn
CourtneyQuinn
CourtneyQuinn

Not Like It Used To Because

3 Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

This placed to be my favourite place in the world to eat!!!
However since the change in ownership/management this place has gone downhill. Formerly totally vegan they now sell vegetarian and meat meals. I am unsure if their vegetarian meal is vegan or not. The food used to be vibrant and everyday was something different. Now the food is average and seemingly always the same (with only one option to keep costs low it used to change daily and vary from week to week. its still one choice (two curries, rice, desert and a popadom) but its always the same thing). It's also more expensive and the staff are less friendly.
I still go there because you get a decent amount of food for your dollar and it does taste good.
But I miss the old days.
I like that they still use compostable plates, and I often sneak the food scraps from my uni lunch box into their compost bin.
I will say fair, but could be so much improved!!

Pros: Cheap, Fast Service, Environmentally Friendly
Cons: No Variety, Used to be better, Unsure if vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Gaura Good Food: