REMOVED: Gather

Serves meat, veg options available. The seasonally changing menu is 50% vegetarian with vegan options. Gluten free options are marked on the menu. Supports local food producers and source all ingredients carefully. The bar is stocked with all biodynamic and organic California wines and a complement of cocktails and spirits distilled from wholly organic grains. Removed for poor vegan options and animal cruelty. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2200 Oxford St
Berkeley, California 94704
510-809-0400

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by CeeDee
rhinokitty
rhinokitty

This place serves RABBIT!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

Sorry, I'm a vegan and the vegan options at this place are good -- but serving rabbit on the menu is a deal breaker. To me it's like going to a restaurant and seeing dog on the menu. Or foie gras. I simply can't eat here, it's nauseating to think the person next to me could be chewing on a rabbit leg as I eat my vegan pizza. Walk ACROSS THE STREET to Saturn Cafe.

Pros: Close to BART
Cons: Serves rabbit, Too many foodies, SERVES RABBIT
veganjess86
veganjess86

good but expensive

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2012

I had their vegan pizza and it was delicious! But veg options are somewhat limited and with all the other awesome places in Berkeley I wouldn't choose this place.

CeeDee
CeeDee

Very, very vegan-friendly

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2011

I ate there with my family and I was the only vegan in our party but there were ample choices for me. In fact, my aunt also ordered a delicious, vegan entree. Three of us preferred the vegan entrees to the non-vegan ones (I didn't try the non-vegan entrees). The food serves locally produced, seasonal food so unfortunately, there is an emphasis on meat, dairy, and other animal-based dishes. My best advice is that if you have no or low tolerance for the "sustainable food" movement this might not be the place for you. There are some weird non-vegetarian dishes on the menu. However, our server was extremely helpful identifying which dishes were ones that I would want to eat.

A note about the noise level: when we were there for dinner on a weeknight it was so noisy that we had trouble holding a conversation.

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Delicious preparations, Courteous staff
Cons: Noisy, Serve weird animal-based dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Gather: