Serves meat, veg options available. This place is notable on the island of Aruba because it offers creative veggie dinner choices in the style of the local Caribbean cuisine: crepe filled with vegetable, creole dish with plantains and beans, and others. Food is made to order. It's also a gallery that features locally produced art, which helps to support the community. Price: Moderate more-less
Caribbean, Fusion, Non-veg
Gasparito 3 (Route 3)
Palm Beach, Aruba
+297-5867044

Open Mon-Sun 5:30-11pm.

First Review by Geri
Fedrico
Fedrico

Gasparito not a vegan option

1 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2013

I read the options while on my trip to Aruba. I wanted to go to the one in Palm Beach, because I knew where it was. However, I read yo needed a vegan verified review. I knew then I was on a mission, because happy cow has helped me several times on the past. Still wanting to go to Palm Beach, I got lost on my bike, and miraculously I ended at the door of Gasparito's. They showed me the vegan options in the menu. The crepes have egg in it. And the supposed vegetarian dish has chicken in the sauce (something creole was called). I had to explain the waiter with all the details, of what I could, and what I could not eat to get a somewhat descent plate for dinner.
Go Vegan!!!

Bethany1202
Bethany1202

Gasparito: Restaurant and Art Gallery in Aruba

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

I had high hopes for Gasparito as I looked their website and menu over after read great reviews at a trusted vegetarian source: Happy Cow. This was the first restaurant at which we dined during our vacation in Aruba. Although it wasn't far from our resort, Amsterdam Manor, we were unfamiliar with the area and took a taxi there.

When we entered the restaurant there was a group of people waiting to be seated who were looking at the art that was displayed, such as jewelry and paintings in the foyer. After a few moments they were taken outside to be seated and we were told it would be just another moment before we would be seated. Shortly after that the hostess returned and seated us outside at our request. There were maybe seven or eight tables outside all with candles and a bar near the entrance back inside to the art gallery restaurant. A small quaint fountain graced one of the outdoor walls.

The chairs were acceptable, but not very comfortable. They were simple plastic (cheap) outdoor patio furniture. The tables were nice enough, and of the round heavy glass variety. However, this was a stark contrast to the classy wooden cushioned chairs inside with white tablecloths.

Our server was very pleasant but she had a thick accent and was a bit difficult to understand. We were served small, fresh garlic bread slices and some type of thin cornbread type slices and water. We ordered the warm ravioli as an appetizer, their cheese filled ravioli served in a mild bell pepper sauce. We asked that no Kerry Kerry was served with it since we are vegetarian. Kerry Kerry, we were told, was a local fish delicacy on which the ravioli is typically served. The appetizer was very delicious. There were about four or five medium-sized ravioli served a unique creamy, reddish sauce that was just the right balance of tangy, sweet, and savory while the ravioli was soft and tasty. It was served with a ... (please read full review at http://localreviews1.knoji.com/gasperito-restaurant-and-art-gallery-in-aruba.)

Pros: Romantic Ambiance, Friendly Service, Decent Prices
Cons: Not as Many Veg*n Choices as I had Hoped, Server didn't seem Too Knowledgeable
Geri
Geri

Creative Caribbean Cuisine

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2011

This place is notable on the island of Aruba because it has creative vegetarian options in the style of the local Caribbean cuisine, which are difficult to find in other island restaurants. (It also has meat and fish dishes for your non-veg companions). I enjoyed a crepe filled with vegetables, and also saw a creole dish with plantains and beans and other yummy inclusions on the menu. The wait staff are warm and friendly and happy to make items to order. The ambiance is lovely - the restaurant is also a gallery containing locally produced art, which helps to support the local community.

Pros: Warm ambiance, Creative artwork, Creative food
Cons: A little ways from main hotels, Pricey