CLOSED: Gasometer

Serves meat, veg options available. A pub with half the menu with vegan items. Also has many gluten free items. All clearly marked. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Eastern European, Non-veg
484 Smith St (Alexandra Parade)
Collingwood, Victoria
03-9417-5538

Open Tue-Sun Dinner-Late, closed Mon.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Aloo
ShelleyScott
ShelleyScott

aye a pub with vegan food

3 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Its So refreshing to go for a night out with good music and be able to enjoy the convenience of pub food. I had the seitan steak with chips and colslaw, very american diner style which I love so I really enjoyed it. Though there are other pubs which also have a vegan menu which I probably prefer, I will definately be back to try more.

Pros: good to go with non vegans, good venue, seitan
Cons: not the cleanest place
eveliene99
eveliene99

Great different vegan options

4 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2012

I loved this place! I liked the atmosphere of the cafe and restaurant, and they had a few vegan options on their menu. Their menu also clearly states that a different fryer is used for all vegan dishes. Their menu differs from time to time, but the 3 cheese mac and cheese I've had there was great!

Pros: Nice atmospere, Good food, reasonably priced
Aloo
Aloo

Historic pub with vegan menu

3 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

Gasometer has a whole vegan section to select from. It has a nice ambience, good service and bar. They use a seperate fryer for vegan food.

I ordered a vegan strudel with roast vegetables on the side. The vegetables were amazing, cooked to perfection and you would not guess the strudel was vegan with the 'cheese' inside, served with a creamy dip.

Great place, good location - I'd recommend it for a night out, especially if you are dining with non-vegos, as they can chose from the meat section (if they can go past the vegan one).

Pros: vegan menu, ambience, choice
Cons: they serve meat, a little costly

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Gasometer: