Serves meat, veg options available. Mostly vegetarian cafe inside Rhinebeck Health Foods. Makes sandwiches, soups, salads, wraps, daily specials, organic juices and smoothies. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
24 Garden Street (Route 9 and Market Street)
Rhinebeck, New York 12572
845-876-2005

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jujutsuka
meliguana
meliguana

Little gem

4 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2013

Nice clean quaint little café inside a health food store just off route 9. Has 5-6 tables, counter service, cooler with take out items. Smoothies, fresh juices, soups, etc. Lots of it is vegan. I saw tuna on the menu though. Service was fast and friendly. Had a bowl of red lentil soup, bowl of chili, and the green juice of the day. All vegan. Jar of hot sauce on the table was not spicy enough for me. My tab was about $17. The food was awesome and juice had kale, cucumber, ginger, apple, parsley, and more. Very awesome. Atmosphere is relaxed and the music enticed a sing-a-long whilst I was there. I took a pint of Northern Italian While Bean soup to go and two vegan burgers as well from the cooler. It closes at 4pm most days so no dinner service.

Pros: Quick tasty food, Many vegan options, Good value
Cons: Limited hours, Tight seating, Not fully vegan/vegetarian
jujutsuka
jujutsuka

can't wait to go back

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

I tried numerous times to find this place (why I failed to see the Garden St. sign repeatedly I don't know), but I finally succeeded today!

This place is exactly what you want from a health food store: two check out counters, numerous well organized aisles, and a cafe with great food, seating and soy creamer! I had the mushroom miso soup, OMG I was unprepared for the tofu vegetable goodness within.

The staff was friendly (and excited to learn about happycow) and they let me flip through the stack of cookbooks they had on a table for their own use. I am somewhat of a collector of books with instant or near instant recipes so I found a new one that looks good called The Vegan Gourmet by Susann Geiskopf-Hadler.

I'm excited to try more of their cafe menu, will find out if they have internet, and will update review later. :)

Pros: cafe amazing, soy creamer, good selection
Cons: crowded inside, no website

Dear Owner and Manager of Garden Street Cafe: