CLOSED: Garden of Life Vega...

Vegan deli established in Feb 2010. Focus is raw food dishes like almond nut loaf, kale salad, live potato salad. Also serves vegan soul food like wheat roast, broccoli casserole, bbq tofu, battered fried bean curd, mac & cheese, as well as boca burger and fries. Desserts include ice cream made in-house, sweet potato pie, raw cake, and carrot cake. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Soul Food, Raw, Catering, Take-out
12121 Veterans Memorial Ste 4 (Antoine)
Houston, Texas 77067

TomatoWorm
  • non-vegetarian

Burger Fanatic

Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

Great service! Hard to spot so keep your eyes open. We called and they helped us find them. I enjoyed a great BBQ burger (stuffed to the brim) with awesome homemade fries. Reasonable price and close-by.

Pros: Close-by, good portions
Cons: hard to spot, no website
Celtred
Celtred

Pleasantly surprised

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

I visited today with my kids and we LOVED the food! The battered tofu was my absolute favorite, and I think I haven't had tofu I've liked as much as I liked theirs. Very friendly service. We will be going back!

Pros: good food, friendly service
Cons: hard to find, not open on weekends, doesn't take credit cards

rvasquez
rvasquez

Good food, wish it was closer.

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

I had the battered tofu burger and it was pretty amazing! They offer a breakfast/brunch on Sundays, that's pretty good as well, but would be better if it was buffet style, as opposed to just getting a set amount of food, which isn't a whole lot. I really do love the tofu burger though and would come here all the time if it wasn't so far away! There's no sign by the road either, so it can be hard to find. FYI, it's right across from the Foodland.

Pros: Great food
Cons: Location
sparkyflute
sparkyflute

Yum

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2010

Young restaurant with delicious food. the lentil burger was incredible, and the kale salad was very tasty. Friendly staff. I'll be back.

Pros: Good value, friendly staff, YUM
joyceh
joyceh

Simple and good

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2010

Nice lunch, very friendly staff. Nice relaxed atmosphere. A little hard to find. I had to call to find the place, only a banner, no sign on building or out by road. Food was simple but good.

Vibraceous, ND
Vibraceous, ND

Grand Opening!

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2010

Limited selection but great for just starting! The homemade ginger and hibiscs drinks were a really nice treat and the kale salad was very good. The Boca Burgers were cooked just right, as were the fries. The service was very friendly. We're from out of town but we hope this restaurant does well!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Garden of Life Vegan Deli: