CLOSED: Garden Of Eatin'

Ital vegan food, vegetarian cakes and pies, fruit and vegetable juices. Directions: Exit 6A 95, half a mile east from 95. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Ital, International, Juice bar, Take-out
136 NW 62nd St (Martin Luther King Blvd)
Miami, Florida 33150
305-754-8050

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by jayspenh
Sophiebee
Sophiebee

Great Food, Good Company, Can't go wrong

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2011

My boyfriend and I love this place we are locals. A plate a food last me two meals, so its a great deal.
Full of veggies, great flavored tofu.
and my favorite plantains.
Now offering classes Feb 6th 1:00
$45 call June (305) 754-8050

Parasol
Parasol

Astonishingly Terrible

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2010

We had a single day to spend in Miami and decided to visit this establishment for lunch based on the Happy Cow reviews thus far. When we arrived in the early afternoon, a young man was on the phone in the dining area arguing. A few awkward minutes later he greeted us and showed us the food available indicating he didn't really know what it was since he had just arrived (though the restaurant was open for two hours at this point).

In stainless steel cafeteria-style containers, there were a few nondescript veggie dishes, a brown chunky tofu stew, and rice. He said all that was available was a $6 plate assortment and he served up two styrofoam carry-out trays with food. When we paid he had to run out for change so we looked for cutlery to eat with. There was a pile of plastic disposable knives next to one fork and one spoon. We grabbed the spoon and fork and he returned. We asked about drinks and he said there were none available.

We sat at a table and began to eat. He walked over to the table next to us where the phone was and made a call and began to argue on the phone again. This was 3 or 4 feet away from us! By the time he finished arguing we were almost done eating.

The food was just okay, nothing that could ever make up for everything else enough bring me back to this place or recommend it to others. Truly the strangest restaurant experience I've ever had. To think of all the delicious, fresh food we could have had in Miami and we went here to be treated to horrible service and a restaurant that I'm shocked can remain in business. To top it off, the whole place was ramshackle and the walls are all mirrored. Sure this could be forgiven if the service and food were great but it just ends up adding to the wreck of a place this is.

I have eaten in veg*n restaurants in three dozen countries throughout the world, but Garden of Eatin' will forever be memorable as number one... top of the Worst.

Pros: ?, ?, ?
Cons: Service, Selection, Disposable cutlery and dishes
philjdomm
philjdomm

Vegan Carribean~ Authentic Experience

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2010

i felt like i was in the carribeans there...
very homey genuine type of aura.

son was sociable and food was great!

Pros: authentic, tasty, unique

Veronica01
Veronica01

Cute Cafeteria Style Restaurant

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2010

We went for dinner here and were served by the owner. She was very friendly and explained all the dishes to us as it was our first time visiting.

We ordered a little of everything, a full *plate* is $12, they have $10 and $8 servings as well. The full plate was more than enough food, maybe order smaller unless you want leftovers.

We had brown rice, some kind of sauce, curried tofu, cabbage, bok choy and a spicey "beef" potato stew.

I'm not sure why the description says Italian food because it is definitely not Italian. More like tropical Haitian, Jamaican, Latin food.

You can't miss it with the sign on 62nd street now and there's some parking spots too.

I didn't find the area particularly seedy or dangerous and we went there for dinner. Just looks a little more run down than other parts of Miami.

They have good vegan food and huge portions, check it out.

Julie R
Julie R

BEST VEGAN PLACE!

Posted on 01 / 29 / 2010

I have two favorite vegan restaurants, and Garden of Eatin is my favorite. The second is Rosetta's Kitchen in Asheville, NC. Garden of Eatin is the BEST food in Miami, vegetarian or otherwise. Heaping portions, delicious, and 100% vegan. Give it a try!

ecozine

pamelaf
pamelaf

Yum, Yum, Extra Yum!

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2008

We loved this cafe, but it was a little difficult to find (no sign, tucked in the back of a lot). The owner, June, was super sweet and an amazing cook! The menu was all VEGAN--yummy! The menu was varied, but only a handful of dishes were available to order. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere laid back. We went with our two children, ages 4 and 1, and the staff were extra kind to them. I would go back here in a heratbeat. June's smile and good cookin' are waht makes this cafe just like home!

Pros: delish food!!!, June!, atmosphere
Cons: not enough menu choices ready to eat, hard to find cafe
eric
eric

Homestyle Ital Veg

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2008

Passed by this place the other day and was pleasantly surprised by the food & also the woman, Ms. Brown who was running it. I was in a hurry so I took food to go. I got to try a number of dishes, everything was pretty good and very filling. Liked the curry the best. The food is all prepared in advance and the menu was a little confusing. Interesting mix of folks coming in to order, and yes some real dreadlock rastas. Ms. Brown said the food is ALL VEGAN too.
It's a small restaurant and easy to miss if you're driving by. There is a sign in the center divider of the road, but aside from that the building was unmarked.
Considering the lack of availability in the area of pure veg food, it's great to support this place and help it grow.

Pros: Interesting Food, Nice people, All Vegan
Bumbay
Bumbay

A Great Meal and Resturant

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2008

I was visiting Miami for a few days and used the Happy Cow directory as a meal source. The best service, food and most love I encountered was at Garden Of Eat'in. The food was delicious, well seasoned and filled with love.

The atomsphere was positive, filled with love, caring and the presentation was immaculate.

The RASTAS and DREADS are in full effect. Do yourself a favor make sure you sample the ginger beer. The daily specials are always tasty and fairly priced.

Pros: Food, Service, Vibe
jayspenh
jayspenh
  • raw

Enjoyable

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2007

This was the first veg restaurant I visited, so I really didn't know what to expect. I would go again and hope they added more raw vegan options! Price was real fair also!

Pros: Vegan
Cons: Not raw vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Garden Of Eatin':