All vegan food except for honey used in drinks. Chef Miguel Larcher has many years experience in cooking at restaurants and has taught vegetarian cooking classes. He offers a large and varied menu with choices in sandwiches, pizza, daily soup, pasta and hot plates, salads, smoothies, fresh juices, and more. Has a kids menu and Sunday brunch. Opened in 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery
300 N Main St (2nd, in downtown)
Wichita, Kansas 67202
316-978-9213

Open Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, Wed-Thur 5-8pm, Sun 10am-2pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by MatthewClagg
JessiRaburn
JessiRaburn

Great Food - Slow Service

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

If going on a lunch break plan on having the buffet. It is a good range of food plus you aren't at the mercy of time. The food has always been good but the service time is very variable.

The Garden Grill Salad was phenomenal. "Chicken" hot and with a delicious crunch and the mushrooms were perfect.

The pizza is very tasty but the veg cheese is non-existent. I don't feel like that distracts from the pizza - I just feel like they should remove it from the description. Veg cheese is insanely expensive and if the pizza was covered in it I would expect they would have to triple the price. I'd rather pay less for a good pizza without the cheese.

Pros: Food tastes wonderful, Well priced for the quality, Variety of food
Cons: Time , Misleading description of pizza
emccc123
emccc123

Delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2014

I'm a vegetarian but I try to eat vegan as often as I can. This is one of the few restaurants in my area that offer an entirely vegan menu. Although meat and animal by-products are lacking from the menu, quality and deliciousness are not! The chef and all the workers make sure that your experience is the best that it could possibly be. Everything from the smoothies to the main courses to the desserts will leave no one disappointed- including the omnivores. Prices are what one should expect for a high quality and satisfying meal.

Pros: excellent food, unique, goood vibe
Technicality
Technicality

5 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

Great lunch buffet. Unique space. Worth the trip in Wichita.

I especially enjoyed the eggplant ratatouille on one trip and the spil pea indian curry soup on another visit.

Pros: lunch buffet, atrium atmosphere
Cons: parking

cliff.goldberg
cliff.goldberg

FANTASTIC Veg Restaurant

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

What a gem of a vegan restaurant--right in the heart of Wichita! The food is excellent, varied selection. The chef takes pride in the art of preparing healthy, great tasting vegan food. The atmosphere is wonderful. Restaurant is in the sunny and airy enclosed atrium of an office building. More upscale experience...but still very reasonably priced for a great meal. Highly recommended.

Pros: Very good food, Lovely environment, friendly, responsive staff
Cons: none
Shipper
Shipper

Good But Pricey

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2013

Good assortment of vegan foods and desserts. But most their food contain soy and almonds for those who need to avoid soy or nuts. Hours are too limited and location could be better.

Pros: Good Quality Food, Open Sundays
Cons: Price, Soy And Nuts, Hours And Location
  • MiguelLarcher MiguelLarcher

Dear Shipper: I want to thank you for your review of the "Garden Grill Café." As a vegan Chef, I'm always concerned about my customers health and allergies. The only dish that has almond extract is the waffles. If I'm aware, or notified of a customers allergy. I will do my best to accommodate so the experience at my restaurant will be an enjoyable one. We have had people come in with the most common allergies, and still able to find something to eat and enjoy at the "Garden Grill Café."

Gyrkin
Gyrkin

Magnifique!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

Chef Manuel has a truly rare and amazing talent. Very highly recommended! Three Mushroom Garden Zita is superb, as is the vegan cheesecake!

Pros: Taste, Quality, Portions
Ldubbs
Ldubbs

We're so lucky to have this in Wichita!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

Love it! Must try the Sunday brunch. Reasonable prices. Check out hours and parking map before you go- it's a little tricky, but makes it even more of a hidden gem.

MandoLuke
MandoLuke

We will be back!

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2013

We were touring through KS and found this gem of a restaurant here on Yelp but realized that it would be closed by the time we got there. We called to double check the hours and these wonderful people stayed open for us and served some of the best Vegan food we've had. Their Thai Curry special was amazing and the Garden Grill Salad was lovely. After we paid and thanked Chef Miguel Larcher and his wonderful staff he made us sit down and treated us to the most delicious vegan cheesecake ever! We love this place and we will be coming back. As traveling musicians we judge restaurants on how far out of our way we will drive to eat there. The farthest we have ever considered is 2 hours. We are giving Garden Grill Cafe a 3 hour rating!

Pros: Delicious , Friendly, Comfortable
Cons: None, None, None
jmw5577
jmw5577

Lovely Sunday Brunch!

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

I took my grandparents here for Sunday brunch last week and we all absolutely adored it. The brunch was a buffet and we tried everything on the menu, from the perfect peach and berry cobbler to the scrambled tofu and the Mediterranean lasagne. They even had agave for my grandma's tea, which she really loved. The whole thing was fantastic and I would highly recommend a visit. The atmosphere was great, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the food can't be beat.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Friendly
Cons: No coffee , Parking
VitallyVegan
VitallyVegan

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Having had the opportunity to eat in many of the vegan/vegetarian restaurants in this country and abroad, I say without hesitation that Chef Miguel Larcher has given Wichita the honor of having the creme de la creme of vegetarian cuisine. If I were rich and famous I would hire Miguel as my personal vegan chef - his food is that good.

Pros: excellent food, friendly attentive staff, nice sized portions
Kimberly10jason
Kimberly10jason

The best vegan food!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

This place is so good, my husband and I can't stay away! The food tastes sooo....good. I don't feel guilty gorging because it's not unhealthy!

This restaurant has made my life so much easier because I don't cook nearly as much and have more time to spend on other things & with family. All the people that work there are incredibly nice & friendly.

If you are thinking about trying it, you should stop what you're doing right now & go!
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 22, 2012

Pros: Great Food, Reasonable Prices, Menu Variety
GalaxiLight
GalaxiLight

Best Food in Wichita

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

hands down the BEST food in Wichita! the hardest part of ordering is not ordering what i had last time because it was sooooo wonderful! but it is my mission to try everything, a mission impossible because once you hear the special you can hardly order off the menu, they are all so amazing! the restaurant is elegant yet comfortable and cozy and the staff is sweet and super accommodating. great atmosphere and fantastic flavors and warm friendly staff

Pros: flavors, price, vibe
PatHandley
PatHandley

The Garden Grill Cafe is Fantastic!

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

Awesome food, not just awesome vegan food! Chef Miguel Larcher and staff prepare and serve an amazing vegan menu that even onmivores can love. The menu here is larger than the menu at d'Sozo (Chef Larcher's former restaurant) with something for everyone from light salads to filling entrees to delicious deserts. We want to try everything on the menu but keep getting sidetracked by the daily specials which have all been wonderful. Honestly, everything we've tried is very good, most of it amazing. Wichita has needed a great vegetarian/vegan place for a long time and now we have one!

debbid64
debbid64

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

Absolutely the best food, I ate there 3 days in a row last week! I had to have all my friends try it - they loved it too! Everything I've had has been awesome!

MatthewClagg
MatthewClagg

Delicious!

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

As a vegan in Wichita, I've waited nearly a year for Chef Miguel to open a new his new restaurant. This is the only place that I can confidently walk in and order anything on the menu, and know that it will be both vegan and incredibly delicious.

Pros: Vegan, Top quality, Fresh

Dear Owner and Manager of Garden Grill Cafe: