Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian offerings include malai kofta, aloo palak, nan, and others. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
4080 Paradise Rd (Flamingo)
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
702-734-0094

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by archure
groovyvegan
groovyvegan

Don't bother if you're vegan.

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2012

Vegan options were few, so I had the rice and peas, brown dahl, and a cabbage dish. I found the brown dahl watery and over-salted, and the cabbage dish very greasy and way too hot. I kept having to drink water because my food was so spicy. Overall this restaurant has a nice ambiance (for example black galaxy granite in the floors and restrooms), but very mediocre food.

Pros: Nice ambiance
Cons: Few vegan options, Greasy, salty food
kimberly_83
kimberly_83

good food

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

I ate at Ghandi with my boyfriend on a Friday night. The food was good, but it was brought out a little too quickly. We got our appetizer what felt like 2-5 minutes after we ordered, and our food was brought out when we had barely picked up the appetizer to eat it. We were both pleased with the food, and the service was very good.

Pros: friendly staff, good value
Guest
Guest

decent

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

I wasn't in the mood to pester my waiter, so I only asked once if my food had any dairy in it. He didn't seem to quite understand, but he got the point across that it was not creamy. When I was ordering, he kept trying to persuade me to buy rice or naan when all I wanted was the entree. I felt embarassed in front of everyone I was dining with, and did not appreciate this gesture from my waiter. The entree itself was very small for the price. A different waiter came by after the meal to offer us dessert. He was very pleasant and witty; everyone had a good laugh.

Pros: pretty good food
Cons: small portions

mrsgarcia
mrsgarcia

best Indian in the city

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2008

I have been a Vegas resident my whole life and a vegan for a little over 2 years and this is the only Indian food restaurant I would recommend other than India Oven in Las Vegas. The waitstaff is very professional and treats its regulars and new comers with respect. They will answer any questions you have and are willing to make changes to your menu item if you are vegan. They have the best pakora in the city hands down and the remodel makes for a nice place to take a date or client you are trying to impress.Check out the lunch buffet 11:30-2 everyday if you are new to Indian cuisine.

Pros: Pakora, Buffet , Service
Cons: no vegan deserts
stef42678
stef42678

Great Vegetarian Indian Food

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2008

This is a great place to go for some vegetarian fare with a little spice. The menu features authentic meatless Indian dishes that are unique and high in flavor. The Dal soup is a lentil based soup with basil and other spices for a great warming treat. The menu is mostly vegetarian but there are a few meat dishes as well, so make sure to read the ingredients because if you are like me, most of the dishes are new to you. The Paneer Pakora is a unique appetizer of fried cottage cheese. Other starters include vegetable fritters and samosas. Entrees are Tandori specialties and kebabs, but what draws me here is the huge vegetarian entree selection. Even the mixed vegetables have herbs and spices to be delicious. This place is a food adventure and is great for vegetarians looking for something new.

Pros: Lots of Vegetarian Dishes, Herbs and Spices
Cons: Not all Vegetarian Dishes
Vishaka
Vishaka

Good value for price

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2006

For buffet food, this was very good. It's not the best Indian cuisine I've ever had, but it was still delicious and I've been back numerous times since my first visit. It only cost about 10 bucks. If you're unsure what dishes are vegan, ask. The staff there seem pretty knowledgeable about what goes into the food and are helpful.

Pros: Staff helpful, nice atmosphere, cheap
archure
archure

Ask About Each Item

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2006

They have a nice decor and nice music, the staff rushes you in for the Lunch Buffet, you ask WHICH ITEMS ARE VEGAN but you must explain that means NO DAIRY (like they never heard of such a thing?), ask at least 2 employees, and you'll get a different answer on the Dairy products, but they all agree its vegetarian (with some vegan items, bu the bread (flat tortila style) is said to contain milk, while others say not, some dishes have butter, while some say not. They also TAMBA restaurant on the Vegas Strip, and its the same, except I was sick for several days (I don't get sick, so I got something bad at TAMBA, Gandhis is Better (but risky)

Pros: vegetarian, music & decor, some vegan things
Cons: ingreedients unclear, not honest to vegans, risky but better N most
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi archure, I found your review pretty helpful. After reading it, I'm not so sure if I want to roll the dice at this place.

Dear Owner and Manager of Gandhi: