Restaurant, with a friendly comfortable ambiance, has a few vegan options and you can also make special arrangements with staff for other choices. Has small section selling organic items also. Open for lunch (reservations recommended). Also open on Fri and Sun evenings for dinner. Call for hours. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Placer 4
Vigo, Spain 36202
+34-986221417

Call for hours - tell us

• Reservations required

First Review by le cous cous
Thinkubuntu
Thinkubuntu

Nice Vegetarian Cafe

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2014

The restaurant service and appearance was very pleasant. The "menu del dia" was very well presented, with apparently vegan choices for both mains when I visited. The hostess was very accommodating, but made me a little nervous when we were offered a desert after our meals which contained milk when I had said clearly from the outset that we were vegan. The meal itself was very nice but the burger I had appeared to contain cheese which discovered me and along with the offer of non-vegan desserts made me fest the worse which trained the experience somewhat because side from this the meal was superb. The hostess offered us a soya milk dessert or a fit salad both of which were very nice, the soya yoghurt in particular. The menu was €11 for three courses and bottled water. The presentation of the food was very stylish and everything seemed fresh and was tasty. For me I would have forgone some of the presentation for slightly larger portion sizes, but I eat a lot. The place was busy when we're there but that didn't diminish the attention we received. My only worry was about how sure I am that the complete meal was entirely vegan and I would want to spell out clearly the vegan requirements next time though I would not normally expect to do habitually as I expect veg places to be well versed in vegan requirements. Still I wouldn't hesitate recommend it to others.

Pros: Friendly, Service, Presentation
Cons: Vegan Doubts And Fears!, Mains are Normally €10, Location
Nayc
Nayc

Little gem of a restaurant in Vigo

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

I was so thankful to find this restaurant as the Gran Nagari hotel we were staying in served an apparently 5*menu but had no vegetarian options at all and failed to provide anything substantial. This restaurant served a variety of healthy and tasty home cooked vegetarian delights. I enjoyed a seitan Milanese and my meat-eating husband really enjoyed his veggie meatballs. The staff have limited English but were very accommodating and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed eating here, the excellent value for money and the convenient location whilst staying in Vigo.

Pros: Fantastic home cooked food, Friendly service, Organic produce available to buy
sXe_22
sXe_22

Few vegan options

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

The restaurant has a nice and relaxing atmosphere; the ladies that run it are lovely and very friendly. There is plenty of vegetarian dishes, but a vegan has no much choice. Portions were good for vegetarian dishes, but mine were actually quite regular if not small... Price was fair but not the best quality/price ratio. With a wider choice, probably the overall rating could have been better, but given this situation after all 3 cows seem to be even too much.

Pros: atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: few vegan options

le cous cous
le cous cous

happy, cosy place!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2012

The minute we stepped inside Galgala we were warmly greeted by two ladies who, subsequently, also made a huge effort to explain the menu to us.
The place was so cosy and homely and I loved the big white flower on each table :). There was an ala carte menu as well as a set lunch menu that was reasonably priced for a starter, main course and dessert. In particular, we really loved the saffron rice with tofu! If you are a vegan, please make sure to let them know as many of the dishes contain cheese, eggs and dairy but some can be altered to be vegan.

Pros: cosy place, friendly service, tasty food

Dear Owner and Manager of Galgala Vegetariano: