Serves meat, veg options available. Must be 21+ years old to enter. All veg but will serve meat upon request. Little retro diner, bar, and concert venue tucked away in the side streets of the Clarendon area. Began offering an all-veg menu in fall 2012; offers vegan choices for all dishes (BBQ sandwich, cheesteak, chili, fries, etc). The atmosphere is dark and slightly indie-dive-y. Art adorns the walls and you have the option of eating at several retro gaming tables. Live music nights. Opened another location in June 2012 called Spacebar in Falls Church. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Happy Eats

21 and Over

3 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

It would have been VERY helpful to know that this was a 21 and over establishment. I went there with my two kids only to be turned away at the door.

I'll go back again someday without them.

Fantastic Vegan Bar Food

4 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

We *LOVE* this place. Especially enjoy that Vegetarian food is served by default, and meat is served "on request." For years I've mentioned to my husband the sincere desire to be able to walk into a bar or come across a food cart, and get some easy/quick/tasty vegan food! This place answers that desire. The sandwiches are great (especially enjoyed the Vegan Ruben, Vegan Bar-b-que, and Vegan Meatloaf -- all with vegan cheese), and we loved the loaded tater tots - served fresh and extra crispy. Only downside is that this place is in fact a "Bar," so while they do serve fantastic "fast" vegan food, we can't take our children there to enjoy it.
**Also affiliated with SpaceBar in Falls Church, VA

Pros: Delicious Vegan Options!, Moderately Priced
Cons: Not Family Friendly

Vegan food and great beer

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

Great vegan ingridients variety. You should definetily check the whole menu.
You can add whatever you want to your sandwcih, burger, chilli, etc., and costomize what you are ordering.
If you like to beer, there are also some great beers to try out.

Pros: lots of ingridients, great variety of beer
Cons: bar (not to many places to sit), bar (can get crowded)

Cool Place!

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

Went to do some geocaching in Arlington this past weekend and decided to eat here for dinner since they don't open until 5:00pm. It was good, no meat served here so I was happy! You have the option of getting vegan cheese on anything and they serve seitan! Basic subs, tots or sweet potato fries menu but tasty and not greasy at all! The only problem was when we arrived it took several minutes for anybody to acknowledge us.

Pros: No meat served here!
Cons: Customer service

Almost equal to Chicago Diner

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2012

Now all vegetarian and vegan if you want it- your choice. Great portions, good sandwiches. We had Philly Cheze steak and Chikn sandwich, nachos, and egg-plant fingers- all vegan. Vert tasty.

Recommended!

Rich Peppin
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 02, 2012

Pros: Almsot empty at 500pm, order at bar, large and tasty portions
Cons: bar atmosphere, very dim
  • jrfishe1 jrfishe1

Note that they DO serve meat upon request, so it's technically not all-veg. But they do keep a dedicated vegan fryer, and dedicated separate vegan and vegetarian grill areas.

• PeppinR PeppinR

I wanted to give this five cows but it wouldnt let me. So I'll give it five cows by "response."

Dear Owner and Manager of Galaxy Hut: