Serves meat, veg options available. Menu includes a small section of vegetarian dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veganstraightedge
corinal
corinal

Great vegan phad thai

4 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2012

I judge a Thai restaurant by its phad thai and I was happy with the result. It was easily made vegan for me.

Pros: Good food, Vegan-friendly, Good service
Cons: Cheap atmosphere
earthville
earthville

A great Thai option for veg*ns

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2010

Though it does serve meat, Galanga is quite vegan-friendly and the food is consistently tasty, above-average Thai cuisine.

The ambience is pleasant and the service warm and efficient. Quality is similar to Your Place on Milpas and Your Choice on upper State Street, but these are all in different locations, so if you're downtown, Galanga is probably your best bet.

Be sure to specify "no fish sauce," just to be safe. :-)

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Consistently delicious
Cons: Serves meat, Not organic
veganstraightedge
veganstraightedge

Favorite Thai food in Santa Barbara!!

4 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2009

I frequent Galanga often as it is one my favorite downtown Santa Barbara places to eat. The staff is great - usually a woman and man - and extremely attentive to dietary needs (they know the difference between vegan/vegetarian regarding animal products and dairy). I am vegan myself and love the vegetable wonton soup, red curry with roasted eggplant and tofu, and the Masaman curry with tofu is delicious. No frills, fairly priced, really enjoyable meal that fills you up. HIGHLY recommended over the other Thai food downtown!!

Pros: Great service, Affordable, Satisfying

Dear Owner and Manager of Galanga: