All-you-can-eat vegetarian and vegan buffet featuring a small salad bar as well as some hot foods like curry. Also hosts art exhibits, live music and events. Previously named Govinda's. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Buffet, Fast food

First Review by celestialstar2004
raphanos
raphanos

Buffet is ok

3 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

I was impressed that this place was almost entirely onion/garlic free. I was disappointed that they really didn't have seitan, tempeh, tofu of and real hearty high protein options at the buffet. The buffet is decent though and there are some other dishes as well, nice coffee and they are good about not letting people back to the buffet with dirty dishes. I like that! The natural food market next door is super awesome too!!!!

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Lacks protein based options
  • Gaias Garden Gaias Garden

Thank you for the positive comments about our food and operations. It appears you were in for lunch. Dinner starts at 5 p.m., the price goes up ($14.95 for the full buffet, $8.95 for the "blueplate special") and we put out two entrees. At least one will be vegan and gluten-free, with tofu, tvp or tempeh, and the other may have dairy. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, both are vegan.

We have also initiated a specials menu recently which includes a soy-based vegan sausage sandwich on our foccacia bread - this is usually available all day.

TKoch
TKoch

Fantastic food! Friendly staff, terrific for vegan

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2013

Our vegan family of four ate here last Monday. We had dinner and got cookies and salad dressings to go. The food is fabulous, not too spicy, yet not at all bland. The unanimous favorites were the pesto lasagna, vegetable curry, yellow lentil dal soup and the salad dressings on the salad bar. My 20 year old son loved the almond dressing, I loved the tofu dill and my husband and teenage daughter thought the sun dried tomato vinagrette was best. We will be stopping here on every trip north. Go here, you will not be disappointed.

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian food, Nice staff are very helpful, They make everything fresh daily
Cons: Couldn't find one
annice
annice

A lunch bargain

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

My companion and I had the buffet lunch at Gaia's Garden. I got the blue plate special and my companion had the same with added soup. If you have a very hearty appetite (or are a teen-aged boy), it pays to take the all-you-can eat option.

The resturant has a pleasant indoor seating area and a small outdoor area. we chose to sit indoors.

There was an extensive salad bar, with several kinds of greens, other veggies and garnishes of seeds, fake bacon bits, croutons, etc. and several dressings. Hot dishes included polenta with tomato sauce, roasted root veggies, pasta rice and cooked veggies. There were two soup choices, two types of bread and two desserts. The food was very tasty, and the bill was under $18 for the two of us. If we're in the area again, we would definitely return there.

Pros: good food, low price, helpful staff

notameat
notameat

Excellent

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

We were staying in Santa Rosa with relatives and looked for a Vegan place to eat. This place was good. Quite a selection and not overpriced. The food was great.

Pros: Large selection, Select what you want, Good quality
Delaluna
Delaluna

Yum!

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2013

Come for lunch, as the dinner is more money with not many more food options. Everything is fresh and flavorful, and they have yummy tapioca puddings and coconut desserts!

RachelLaMell
RachelLaMell

Yum!!

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2012

Enjoyed two meals here (so far) - all you can eat. Everything we had was vegan and delicious! The vegan soups are sooo good. Mostly Indian in flavor, but not too spicy and very flavorful. Hope to go back soon!

rockcita
rockcita

Well worth a visit

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2012

Dining at Gaia's Garden was a very pleasant experience starting with its welcoming staff when I walked in. The buffet consisted of a sizable salad area with a variety of fixin's, such as 3 different greens, bean sprouts, olives, shredded beets, carrots, and so on. They offer several varieties of dressings, which are also for sale by the jar. The hot bar had 6 items and 2 soups. There were 2 types of breads and 2 desserts. All of the serving trays were kept full, and the food areas clean. I overheard the owner tell someone that the produce is all organic. Everything I had was well prepared and tasty. The restaurant has a large, very clean seating area, which is nicely decorated and well lit. Pleasant, soft instrumental music was playing in the background; a nice change from eateries that tune into a radio station and you get to hear mattress commercials. There is also a small outdoor dining area. There is one restroom, which is large, clean and well stocked.

Pros: great, healthy food, nice staff, very clean
pentagoth79
pentagoth79

You gotta try the almond dressing!

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

The buffet changes daily. It's primarily Indian fare but they have some Italian food as well. I like the almond dressing so much that I just like a huge plate of salad but I also really liked their corn bread.

Pros: Tasty, Fast, Best guessing
Cons: Serves non vegan food
bavegan
bavegan

I love this place!

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2011

This is one of my favorite places to eat! It is reasonably priced, close to home, and has a simple but delicious menu!

Nan Sea Love
Nan Sea Love

Love it more than ever under new ownership

4 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

We already really enjoyed Gaia's Garden when it was Govinda's but wanted more vegan options. Now they have them, in fact they have nights that are specifically vegan. The food seems better than ever, and although not organic they purchase from a well respected local grower that does not use pesticides. The food is prepared with love, and it shows.

celestialstar2004
celestialstar2004

Changed names

2 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2010

Govinda's is now Gaia Garden. We arrived, after calling, to find the entre plates on the buffet table to be empty. It did not look like they were going to be refilled soon. There was plenty of salad if that is all you were looking for. We not stay so I can not review the food.

Dear Owner and Manager of Gaia's Garden: