Gaia Veggie Shop - Tsuen Wan

Vegetarian restaurant with 70+ seats near Tsuen Wan West Station Exit A. Cantonese Buddhist veggie food. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Take-out

Stevie
Stevie

Gaia Veggie Shop , Tsuen Wan

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2015

Being a branch of Gaia they like to crank up the billable extras. As well as the mandatory tea charge and 10% service charge (most HK restaurants other than the least inexpensive ones usually insist on this so this is nothing especially unusual), they also bring some sort of snack to the table when seating clients. This is non complimentary and likely to be around 30+ hkd. I asked for the snack to be taken away and this was no issue.

In the mood for something light, I had a burdock and sesame salad when here. Very nice.

When I spun into here it was around 4 pm. I forgot until I received the bill that when I was at another branch of Gaia there's a 50% discount for eating in the window between lunch and dinner. I've no idea if this applies at weekends / holidays.

Pros: Vegan friendly, 50% discount between lunch and dinner
Cons: They like to crank on billable extras
Vegland
Vegland

Nice Food but Service Non-Existent

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2011

Very crowded on Sat evening and table area was very cramp.
Ordered 2 main dishes, Toufu and mock fish, both were tasty. Our main dish was served prompty but our rice never arrived even though we reminded them trice. I enquired about dessert when I saw it being served at the next table. We were told by the waitress it will be given FOC after our main meal. They disappointed us further, as the dessert never arrived.

The ultimate mockery was they charged us for the rice which was not delivered. We had a difficult time explaining to them as they did not believe us and sent their waitress to verify our table. In addition, one of the waitress asked if we enjoyed their "missing" dessert. When she learnt that the dessert was not served to us, she invited us to take a seat and wait for the dessert. No Thanks, our patience has been drained.

We had a very bad experience with their poor service as ultimately we were still charged for the rice at HK30.

Dear Owner and Manager of Gaia Veggie Shop - Tsuen Wan: