Gaia Veggie Shop - Miramar ...

Vegetarian restaurant with 100+ seats. Cantonese Buddhist veggie food - the majority of dishes do not contain eggs. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese
Shop 2005, 2/F, Miramar Shopping Centre, 132 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui (Kimberley Road)
Kowloon, Hong Kong

Stevie
Stevie

Gaia Veggie Shop - Miramar Shopping Centre

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

If you been to one of the other branches of Gaia then unsurprisingly you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect. There's a big choice menu as per what many other all vego restaurants in HK offer. Dishes including egg in the ingredients were clearly marked on the menu.

I ate there with someone else. We ordered a couple of sushi type starters followed by a dish that I just happened to like the picture of the menu (the choice when I am so unaware of what many of the dishes are can be slightly overwhelming). My dining companion ordered the taro that is formed into the shape of a fish with accompanying sweet and sour sauce. We also ordered this big plate of crispy noodles served popularly around here with sugar and what seemed to me like a balsamic type vinegar. Nearly all the food was brought at the same time rather than the starter / main courses brought out separately as per what I would be used to in the west.

No issues with tastiness, portion size, service, atmosphere. It was around 360 hk bucks.

Pros: Vegan friendly, big choice menu
leolady3369
leolady3369

Amazing Vegetarian Selection

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2014

I was amazed with the menu offered in this restaurant. It is only so often I walk into a place that offers 100+choices of meat free meals. A lot of the options are mock meat (which I love!!), but they do offer veg only and egg free as well. The service was typical HK but they were friendly enough and timed bringing us our dishes perfectly. As we finished one dish, they would bring a new one. I have to say one of the highlights to me was the Japanese style sushi they offered. I live in Japan and only have the cucumber and pickled daikon rolls available to me. At Gaia I was finally able to try a (vegan) California roll, and it was AMAZING!!!
I will definitely be stopping back at Gaia during my next trip to Hong Kong!!

Pros: Too many options, Try HK style food, but meat free, Affordable price
Cons: Too many options, Seating is a bit tight
Knuckleheddd
Knuckleheddd

Great Japanese Style Veggie

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Reminds us of Shojin in LA. Wonderfully upscale atmosphere, mostly Hong Kong natives who know their vegetarian preferences. Incredible selection. Only downside is that they name a lot of their dishes after meats, and you must advise them if you are pure vegan.

Pros: selection, atmosphere, clientele
Cons: "meat" names, must warn if no eggs

Gandhileo
Gandhileo

Not Polite , rude behavior

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

Food good but being foreigner should explain and be friendly to the tourist , we brought our guest and they were upset with their behavior , must change this gives bad image to the tourist

Pros: good food
Cons: bad service, not polite , don't understand
Dan Newso
Dan Newso

amazing

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

We had to queue for half an hour but it was worth the wait. There's a reason this place is in high demand. Great food, great place and great service. They speak English but I struggled to get across that as a vegan I don't do eggs and dairy so had to order safely. next time I'll take the vegan passport. Menu is in English as well and they don't rely heavily on mock meat.

Vitxo
Vitxo

Great place to eat!!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2012

Even if it is at a shopping centre the food is amazing. If you are used to have your meals drinking cold water, bring it yourself!One of the best places in the city!!

Pros: excellent food
sterlins
sterlins

Our favourite veggie place in Hong Kong

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

We were unimpressed with the other vegetarian restaurants we visited while we were in HK, so we actually ended up coming to Gaia twice while we were visiting the city. Particularly good were the "suckling pig" dumplings and the "lamb" satay. They do make it very clear on the menu which dishes have eggs. Prices are reasonable and when we were there, they were offering 20% off the bill if you ate between 5 and 7 pm.

ReidMeFirst
ReidMeFirst

Pretty Good Vegetarian

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2011

The interior of the restaurant is quite upscale compared to most places in Hong Kong. The table area is a little cramped, the restaurant was packed at 6:00pm on a Sunday night. The noise level wasn't terrible, though.

The food was pretty darned good. I was in the mood for something slightly greasy after a day of running around. I had a nice veggie plate with beef rolls dinner, and a non-alcoholic beer here. I grew out of mock meats quite a while ago, but the fake beef rolls were pretty tasty and just the right level of greasy and salty to satisfy my craving. The meal was served with a nice bowl of grape tomatoes (kind of fun to eat with chopsticks), and the main dish was very generously sized. At a little over $8US for the main dish and $3US for the beer, it was quite reasonably priced -- cheaper than I expected given that it is in an upscale shopping mall.

The service was 'normal Hong Kong,' -- waitstaff only comes over if you wave at them. The main menu has English, but I get the impression that some items are only in the Big Book of Chinese Something Or Other that comes with the menu. A few of the tables looked to have stuff that I didn't see on the menu.

You may want to read reviews of the other Gaia Veggie Shop locations for more meal reviews. Especially ones that aren't glowing reviews due to grease-craving.

Pros: Good food, Good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Gaia Veggie Shop - Miramar Shopping Centre: