Vegan store and ecological products. Vegan food, herbs, natural cosmetic, food supplements, books, and gifts. more-less

First Review by Jenna-LynnTharp
Poliartes
Poliartes

Great Little Shop With Lots Of Potential

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

For a country like Spain, where torturing defenseless animals to death for a few brief moments of banal enjoyment is part of the national identity, this kind of shops should be applauded, praised and stimulated by those who know better.

Complaining that it does not sell as many items as a giant supermarket chain is bit senseless and totally undeserved in this case. The lady who helped me was a real source of info on vegan restaurants in Valencia and she also runs an animal rights ngo.

I loved the shop, I got everything for a scrumptious meal, plus juicy ripe organic tomatoes that are just do die for! 5 stars!!

Pros: Complete, With Warm Attention
EvaVegan
EvaVegan

Fantastic

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

I make my shopping on a regular basis in Gaia Vegana and I just can say it's a unique shop in Valencia. They have a really big range of vegan products (delightful Fry's, Redwood and others) and even ice-creams that I have not found in the typical organic stores. It's such a relief that you don't have to read the ingredient list in every single product because you can be sure everything is vegan (except for Quorn products, I think they contain milk). Prices are reasonable, I don't agree with the previous review about prices etc, since many products like typical organic food, cosmetics, fresh vegetables... are even cheaper than elsewhere in Valencia. Furthermore: I accumulate points for my shoppings in my customer account and get discounts later, and they are constantly making good offers. They are really friendly and give you all the info you need about products, diets, even recipes, and the owner can speak English! I think this kind of shops are worth our support to exist, they also work for Fair Trade, it's a very consistent philosophy.

Pros: wide range of vegan products, good offers and discounts, very friendly staff
Jenna-LynnTharp
Jenna-LynnTharp

Disappointed

2 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2013

We recently moved to Valencia from Madrid and were excited to hear they had a vegetarian grocery. Unfortunatly when we went there the shelves were practically bare. They did not have many products for sale and the prices were quite high. Guess we will be mail ordering our fave things from Madrid.

Dear Owner and Manager of Gaia Vegana: