The restaurant is 100% vegan with daily changing menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, International, Beer/Wine
c/ Fernan Gonzalez, 37 bajo (near Hotel Meson del Cid)
Burgos, Spain

Open 13.30-16.30 most days.

First Review by JessyH
siemkicken
siemkicken

Good food

4 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2013

We had lunch in Gaia during our vacation. The food was really good, it was cheap and the staff was very friendly. They tried to speak English and explained what was on the menu. Be there on time because there was a queue when we left the restaurant.

ronnytoby
ronnytoby

Cannot be missed, near the cathedral!

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

The daily menu of 10 Euros only per person is inexpensive and you can choose from a variety of dishes.

The staff is very friendly, but as it was very busy you got the feeling you had to eat very quickly. I didn't mind, because I understand they have to make a living of the few hours they are open.

Note: When we were there, the place was alreday very busy 5 minutes after opening time and it got even more busier. There was still a long queue waiting outside when we left and at 15:30 when we passed by with the tourist train there were still a queue.

Pros: Good food for little money, Friendly staff, Centrally located
elavus
elavus

A must visit!

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

Cosy interior, friendly staff and amazing food beautifuly presented. As mentioned before 4 dishes for 10euros, so very cheap. Ecological, also to a cheap price, alcoholic beverages.
Check up the streetname properly before going there since it is not really a sign or anything for the moment.

Y
Y

Simply delicious.

5 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

I went there with my family and we enjoyed every single dish we had. The daily menu was 10 Euros only (per person), and there were multiple choices for each dish in it.
The owners, who are also the chefs and the waiters, are very nice, and happily translated the menu to English for us.
Whether you're vegan, vegetarian or a meat eater - you will most likely love the food. Absolutely recommended.

Note: When I was there the place was packed, so we had to wait a few minutes before the owner/waiter could come and translate the menu for us.

Pros: Delicious, Low price, Friendly
Cons: none!
Ataraxia
Ataraxia

Deilicioso!

4 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2012

Nos gusto muchi­simo que todo fuese vegano, la verdad es que no nos lo esperamos en Burgos un sitio asi­. Luego nos gusto mucho que solo abriesen al medio día para los menus. Ademas de los menus, tienen productos veganos y bebidas ecologicas para comprar.
La decoracion es muy agradable y la chica que nos atendio tambien.
El menu consta de: Entrante, primer plato, segundo plato y postre. La verdad es que acabas llena. Todo delicioso, quizas por poner una pequeña pega el postre es lo que menos me gusto, pero ello no quiere decir que no estuviese bueno.
Lo que mas me gusto fue el entrante, una crema de alcachofas con crujiente de maiz, deliciosa.
Recomendando 100%

Pros: Muy buena situación, Menú variado, Trato agradable
Cons: Los postres son un poco simples
MariaC
MariaC

Vegan Restaurant in the Heart of Medieval Burgos

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

I visited Gaia today for lunch (the hours listed here are accurate), and was very pleased by the location, cleanliness, decor, daily-changing menu, price, variety of dishes, informal mood, etc. I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that Gaia is a totally *vegan restaurant as well. (In Spanish, "vegan" is simply "vegano".)

It seems that the food here is both made and served by the owners, who are very friendly. Some English is spoken here, so I would recommend it for non-locals as well. Tourists can easily find it, as it is only a few yards away from the front of the famous and centrally located Cathedral of Burgos. The restaurant was full when I was there, with people waiting outside. It has a warm atmosphere and about 8-10 tables for 2-4 people each.

As I mentioned above, the menu changes daily, but here's what I had today as an example: The "menu del dia" was only 10 euros, and included an appetizer, 2 courses, bread, wine or bottled water, and dessert. For each course and dessert there were at least 4-5 options to choose from. My appetizer was a white gazpacho-like cold & creamy vegetable soup with crushed peanuts on top. Next was a hot plate of zucchini with vegan cheese and some tasty green garlic sauce. Last was seitan and mushroom ravioli with a creamy sauce. I also had a basket of whole wheat bread, organic red wine, and homemade vegan blueberry yogurt (so good!) for dessert. Everything was presented nicely and, most importantly, was delicious!

I recommend Gaia to anyone and everyone who visits Burgos.

Pros: variety, low price, original
Cons: none
JessyH
JessyH

Imaginative and delicious

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

I was extremely impressed by this very centrally located restaurant. The decor is colourful with photos and artefacts from around the world reflecting the international menu. We had the menu of the day which was an amazing four courses and wine for 10 euros. There was a choice of three or four items for each course and there were plenty of vegan options. I had a flavourful gazpacho and my brother had a seaweed and cucumber salad, this was followed by a gorgeous leek and potato stew for me and a 'risotto' for him made from pearl barley which worked very well. Then I had falafels followed by a cranberry yoghurt and he had a bean taco and an apple mousse. All excellent.

Everything was cooked well and was beautifully presented. The portions were exactly right-we finished everything and left feeling very satisfied but not overly stuffed. I didn't feel the need to eat again for the rest of the day.

The service was extremely efficient and friendly with the waitress very happy to explain anything we weren't sure about.

I live in Spain and usually eat from menus of the day as I eat fish. This was one of the best menus of the days I've eaten in terms of quality and was absolutely fantastic value for money. I would definitely go back.

Pros: Excellent value, Imaginative menu, centrally located

Dear Owner and Manager of Gaia: