Serves meat, veg options available. Small batch organic pastries and fair trade organic coffee and tea. Offers savory vegetarian breakfast pastries and vegetarian pepperoni rolls. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out,Non-veg
1599A Washington St E (inside Tricky Fish)
Charleston, West Virginia 25311

Ganeshaka
Ganeshaka

Perfect I-77 oasis

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

Whenever I'm traveling through Charleston, WV, I look forward to getting off exit 99 on I-77, and taking a half hour break at Frutcake. They're just a couple of blocks off the Interstate, yet in a quiet spot near a small dog park. I like the ambience: a modest clean coffee shop with pastry, soups, some vegan items, and a casual pace. Nice easy chairs for kicking back, reading a magazine or the newspaper, and relaxing. Plus convenient parking. And friendly staff.

Pros: Excellent pastries, Relaxing atmosphere, Clean restrooms

Dear Owner and Manager of Frutcake: