Vegan juice bar and cafe serving berry bowls, smoothies and juices, sandwiches, wraps, and salads. Sources local and organic produce as possible; and limits waste by recycling and sending compost material to local farms. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
1624 Laskin Rd Ste 740 (Hilltop North Shopping Ctr)
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23451

aaytaay
aaytaay

Perfect

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

Would eat here every meal of every day... if only I could afford it! Delicious, fresh, and a huge selection of juices. My favorite place to eat, especially the antioxidant smoothie bowl and sweet grass juice. A vegan's paradise! We need one on every corner!

Libby Ann
Libby Ann

Favorite Restaurant in Hampton Roads

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

The place is almost too awesome to be here, but I'm really glad it is. Finally!
Everything I've had has been amazing! The service and staff are amazing. I can't say enough good things about them. I was skeptical about the whole raw thing at first, but I realized quickly that it is more filling then cooked food and super delicious too.
Stop reading this review and just go there!

Pros: Amazing Terrific Super Duper Food, Amazing Terrific Super Duper Staff, Cool & Hip place
Cons: SHould open up several more!
xonicolenatalie
xonicolenatalie

Absolutely amazing find!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

My boyfriend and I came here when we were visiting my sister in Virginia Beach, and it was awesome! A little pricey, but the quality of food makes the prices very worth it. We had the Mediterranean wrap and the Southwest wrap and shared a dragon berry smoothie, which they split into two cups for us. Everything was fresh and totally vegan, even the cheesecake slices!! We cannot wait to get home and try our Pineapple Xpress juice!! Would definitely recommend!

Pros: delicious smoothies and wraps
Cons: A tad pricey

ActiveCaptain
ActiveCaptain

Exceptional food

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2014

The food is top notch. There's no question. They use the best, freshest ingredients and prepare interesting Vegan meals. The prices are a little high but I don't mind that when everything is such a high quality. I wouldn't want to see them lower the price and then look to save cost by cutting back and using less expensive materials.

My wife and I split the Southwestern wrap and Thai salad. We loved both. We then split two very rich desserts - carrot cake and a chocolate mousse cake. We had to ask twice if they were really Vegan. Both were exceptional and unique in quality. They're not something I'd want every day but they were treats. The carrot cake especially was unbelievable.

If there were anything I'd like to tell the owners, it would be that they should make the in-dining experience a
little nicer. They shouldn't serve their food in clear plastic, snap together, take out boxes. It gives a very mixed message especially when the food is more expensive. Real silverware that gets washed would be nicer than throw away plastic too. If they want to get to the next level, they need to stop thinking of themselves as a carry out sandwich shop with a few chairs and tables. They're a restaurant. I think their present impression with the plastic and low service leads people thinking their higher priced food is over-priced.

No matter what, I'd come back when in the area again.

Pros: food, quality, interesting combinations
Cons: in-dining needs some work
mooonflower
mooonflower

$$$ vs taste

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2014

I have to agree that Fruitive is completely delicious and has some awesome products to try out. My main opposition is the price they charge...for about $13 you can get a wrap which is a little much in my opinion, not to mention the juices are crazy expensive. I went in a few times to grab some ideas and after that, I started to just make my own juices and sandwiches with the same ingredients they used- pretty close to taste too. The ingredients are pretty basic so its not hard to find them with the variety of health food stores around. I find it better than going in and spending a bunch for something you really can make on your own and feel good about! They have awesome flavors in their food and drinks so I absolutely loved it! I personally just prefer to juice on my own for so much cheaper and a much larger output than what is served to you there

Pros: Taste, Healthy
Cons: Expensive
Nefertet
Nefertet

Awesome!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

They have a great selection of juices and smoothies and salads to choose from. I also had my first wheatgrass shot.

LmtWetmoney
LmtWetmoney

Love It

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Its kinda hard to find a Vegan location so when you do, you cherish it! This location has the best Mediterranean wrap I have tasted so far and its locally own so if you can support your local business because your health will thank you later!

Pros: Everything Is Vegan, Great Tasting Food, Dont Have To Worry About GMO's
Cons: Might Be Alittle Pricey To Those On A Budget
sbthax
sbthax

wonderful!

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

Great spot! Staff was friendly and knowledgeable, great juice and menu. Food was delicious and I felt healthier than before I walked in! Will be a regular stop when I'm in VA beach.

pentagoth79
pentagoth79

I'm In Love With This Place

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2012

My husband and I heard about this place from our realtor. We weren't sure about it because it didn't sound like it had many options. It actually doesn't have a very big menu but the food is so good that I mostly forgot about that. They basically only have smoothies, wraps and salads. There are a few other things like the PB & No J which is bowl with peanut butter, granola, fruit and other things. It's really delicious but by the time we each ate half a wrap and the Cocao Kapow, we were to full for it.
I've gone back for another cocoa kapow. It's like a peanut butter cup smoothie. Super delicious for anyone who likes peanut butter & chocolate. I love the salad/wrap bar. Most of the ingredients are organic. You get to pick what you want in your salad/wrap and they make it for you.
My only complaint is that it's a little pricey. Not over-priced. You get what you pay for but I can't afford to go that often.

Pros: Healthy, Organic, Delicious
Cons: Pricey, Limited Menu
Guest
Guest

I am so happy, but....

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

I am so happy there is a new juice bar that is catering to vegans, but I am so sad that it is so expensive! I know that sometimes you have to pay more for fruits and vegetables, but a drink that cost $13.00 or more??! Fortunately some of the smoothies you can google online and find a recipe that is very similar so you can make it at home. Definitely go and look at their juice menu. They do have a lot of great ideas! Nice decor=)

Pros: juices, smoothies, salad
Cons: price, kinda small
cvoss11
cvoss11

Loved it!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2012

Never been near Virginia Beach before but knew that I had to try this place since it is the only 100% vegan place near VA beach! Awesome, awesome, awesome! I had the Chocolate Covered Cherry and it tasted exactly as the title describes! Also had a salad with eight toppings and an entire avocado-do delicious! The people that work there seem to actually care about their job and what they are trying to accomplish with offering raw/vegan choices and how important it is to buy local produce. This place has got me loving salads again! Thanks Fruitive!

Pros: Delicious, Nice atmosphere, Great staff
Cons: Expensive
nicole.wead
nicole.wead

Found a new gem

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

I was in VA Beach on vacation and was looking for something vegan and healthy...in my search I found this location. It is setup as a vegan wrap station and juice bar. It was a little confusing at first but there were also a lot of people in the small place. The wraps and options were great, the carrot ginger dressing was amazing. They have freshly made lemonade and teas. A definite repeat when I go back. This place was a great find and wish there were more places like this making fresh to order wraps, salads with kale and dark greens.

Pros: Options, Flavor, Great food
Cons: Location small
IamHealthy
IamHealthy
  • fruitarian

Best Juice Bar in Hampton Roads!

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2012

Yummy juice bar and all organic. Love it and my new favorite place.

Pros: Yummy, Organic, Great staff
sunny3800
sunny3800

Yummy!

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2012

Fruitive is great! They have delicious salads that can be put into a burrito wrap or a collard wrap... or you can just eat it from a bowl. The juices and smoothies are all made fresh and the granola is amazing :) It's my favorite place to eat! Nice atmosphere too... dine in or carry out.

Pros: Great food for all meals, Comfortable, Juices, smoothies, custom salads... yum
rozeboom
rozeboom

Simply Amazing

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

This place is so amazing! The food is great - all vegan, the staff is awesome - super kind, and the atmosphere is very comfortable - upscale design. They have their own distinctive blends of juices, smoothies, and treats as well a mostly organic salad that they make to order. They also feature cold-pressed juices that are all organic. The cups, bowls, and tableware are all compostable and they have hardly any waste. They are certified by Virginia Green and are also a big part of the local community. This is the place to go in Virginia Beach not only because of the reasons already listed, but because this is the only vegan restaurant in town.

Pros: kind staff, great food, amazing atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Fruitive: