A local fruits and fast food stand that serves veggie sandwiches, taroburger, salads, vegetarian sushi, smoothies, juices, coffees, local fruits, and snacks. more-less
Kuhio Hwy (northeastern Kauai)
Moloaa, Hawaii 96754

syork2
syork2

Great shakes!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2010

We didn't try any food here but the shakes were wonderful! We got a tropical fruit blended one as well as a Kauai Chai shake, which included coffee, chai, banana and other juices. SO good! Worth the stop if you're going to or coming from the North Shore!

Pros: Decently priced, delicious shakes, cool location
Hallie
Hallie

incompetent rude clerk

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2010

My husband and I made it a point to stop here on our honeymoon. We were hoping for a taro burger, as one of the other places we had tried to get one no longer sold them. Moloa Fruit stand, it turned out, did not have them either! We checked with the woman taking our order as to whether or not the veggie burger was vegan. She made a snarky remark, along the lines of "obviously," and we shrugged it off and ordered two. We also ordered hummus, smoothies, and chocolate chip cookies that were labeled as vegan. We packed them in our cooler, and took them on a kayak trip. When we got to our destination and were ready for lunch, we bit in, and realized they were basically rice, a few other grains, and GOBS of cheese! I ate the hummus, which was mediocre at best, and we split the cookie... but I'm not afraid that that may have been mislabeled as well. The smoothies were good, but I would not go there again due to the woman's attitude and tricking us into ordering food that was not vegan. We were hungry for the rest of the day, as by the time we returned our kayak, everything was closed. ):
I would recommend against going here if you are vegan because the workers can't be trusted.

Pros: shakes
Cons: rude, deceitful staff, cheese-laden burgers, overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of Fruit Stand: