From Earth and Water

Originally raw vegan then changed menu in 2014. Uses organic ingredients and with no gluten, refined sugar, or flour in any of its dishes. The blackboard menu is subject to change often depending on seasonality of ingredients available. Previously located on James St, Burleigh Heads. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Australian, Raw, Western

First Review by highonhealth
Vrymoet
Vrymoet

Amazing

4 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

While I was eating here I had food envy of everything I saw everyone else eating, everything on the menu looks and tastes amazing! I will definitely be going back.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: a little expensive
vegan louise
vegan louise

Yummy raw food

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I love the food at From Earth and Water, although I have to be honest and say I can't stand all the noise from the blenders. if I go there now I just order takeaway. The food is a work of art to me. A little on the pricey side, but raw food tends to be. Yum, yum yum!

Pros: Yummy, Food is artwork
Cons: Noisy due to blenders, bit pricey for amount of food
Lea
Lea

Lovely!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

I love this restaurant! The atmosphere is light, open and airy. The service was fast, efficient and polite, despite every table being full and more people waiting outside. We had two delectable, fresh, light and interesting salads, combining leaves, fruit, flower petals, raw cheeses and wafers. We accompanied these with fresh lemongrass ginger soda. Perfect for a baking hot Gold Coast summer day. This left us feeling satisfied but with room for dessert. Do not leave there without having the raw snickers dessert! With layers of light chocolate crackle, vanilla and chocolate mousse, caramel, peanut and a thin layer of chocolate on top. It is perfect, and the most incredible thing I've ever tasted. Our other dessert was vanilla ice cream with blueberry and apple sorbets. This was the creamiest, most delicious ice cream I have ever had. Amazing! Can't wait to go back and try the pasta and tacos, which others were eating and they looked great. Looked like they would be a bit more substantial and filling if you are more hungry. We lucked out and got a table straight away, but it would be worth booking, especially on weekends and holidays.

Pros: Sophisticated, light food, Excellent service, Unbelievable desserts
BrendanCullinane
BrendanCullinane

• non-vegetarian

Terrible service

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

We have eaten here once and on the second occasion walked out before our food was delivered. Based on our first experience the food is quite good and refreshing (3.5/5), the home-made sodas average at best. The service was disorganised and slow and sitting inside the restaurant was noisy with conversations echoing off the walls. My parents had a similar impression after their first visit and told me they wouldn't go back because of it. On our second visit we parked right outside, promptly took a seat and ordered. An hour passed and there was no sign of our food. In that time wait staff were seldom seen, people were seated and left for lengthy periods of time before menus were delivered. I eventually got up to ask the waitress where our food was. I told her how long we had been waiting and was given the worst attitude in return. At first it wasn't what she said but how she said it - an 'I don't care, don't bother me' attitude - that was appalling but she then started to argue with me about how long we had been waiting. We left immediately. It's is a place that appears to rely on its niche (vegan raw food) and decent food to attract a crowd but the service ranges from poor to disgracefully inept. It makes me appreciate Sydney all the more where there is a truly competitive market, expectations are higher and all aspects of the dining experience have to be top class. We won't be going back to From Earth and Water.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 02, 2013

Pros: Concept, Food
Cons: Service, Attitude, Noise
RobynPoppins
RobynPoppins

100% clean food!

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

After you eat here, you will feel so nourished and satisfied. The food is really high quality and very tasty. More of a dine-in experience than the fast food style. The variety is so-so but the result is incredible! And there is the unforgettable raw snickers slice for dessert that is just divine! The day I went there for it 3other people were trying to get it as well! It is the must-try!

Pros: high quality, incredible combinations, raw snickers!
Cons: pricey

Henley
Henley

Tasty Raw Delights

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

This small tucked away restaurant serves some interesting gourmet fare. We were quite hungry when we arrived (as usual!) so we got a bit excited when we ordered! While our main meals were great, satisfying and nicely balanced with a light salad, we mistakenly ordered the vegan cheese plate before our mains which was extremely rich and just a bit too full-on for our liking. Next time we will go straight to the mains or indulge in a lighter starter. Overall, nice raw vegan food, just go easy on the heavy nut/seed dishes.

Pros: Vegan , Raw, Inventive
Cons: Some dishes heavy to digest
Vegan-Winter
Vegan-Winter

Great food!

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2012

Every time i have been the food is Amazing! I have loved every main i have tried and the Desserts are amazing! The raspberry cheesecake is the best Dessert i have ever had! The only negative thing i can say is the Strawberry Cheesecake was rather bland, however if i never tried their Raspberry cheesecake i might not have found the strawberry so bland. I would take anyone to this fine establishment. I always feel full and content. Great food!

Pros: Well presented food, High quality
TarawrasaurusRex
TarawrasaurusRex

Really enjoyed this place :D

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was really nice but the food was amazing :D The meals are definitely worth the price, so filling and you get so much variety and the desserts are fantastic. You can even buy really tasty raw vegan ice cream directly from this restaurant :D

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: a bit cramped
Bianca green girl
Bianca green girl

Original

3 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

Been here twice, nice atmosphere, nicely done out, limited options, if you come late, things run out. Food is nice enough but I still felt a bit empty afterwards and went to Govindas up the road for a snack.

Pros: Nice atomsphere, Original ideas
Cons: Limited menu, Food not filling enough, Things run out
CathyChi
CathyChi

Amazing

5 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2011

This restaurant is amazing. The food is supurb. It is raw vegan, tasty, suitable for everyone to eat. I wish I lived closer. I ate there several times whilst staying on the Gold Coast.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Filling
Cons: Can run out of food
highonhealth
highonhealth

Amazing!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

We are so blessed to have this cafe in Australia.. I've traveled all over North America so have eaten at a lot of raw vegan cafes, and From Earth and Water is one of the best I've ever been to. I actually travel down from Brisbane once a week to eat here!!

Dear Owner and Manager of From Earth and Water: