Frisch Compassionate Eatery

Opened summer 2012, previously at 135 E 1300 S and moved to the current location in early 2014. Makes all-vegan cuisine and baked goods. Sample menu items include a sesame chickn wrap, spice mac-n-cheez, and daily specials. Full vegan coffee bar. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by Meggie and Ben
K18reece
K18reece

Amazing!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

Oh my god! This place is so amazing. Great service, friendly workers, and the food is to die for. If you come to Salt Lake, you NEED to eat here and at least try some of their yummy goodies!

minrathous
minrathous

Love it

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

I was here last year, and I will absolutely be back if I'm ever in SLC again. The food is tasty, and the staff was really nice, the waiter actually stopped by my table for a little while (I was eating alone) and had a pleasant conversation. Check it out!

Pros: friendly staff, good food, nice vibe
Navegante
Navegante

Really Delicious

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2014

I went here for lunch about a month or so ago. First time I'd been there and I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I tried the special, which was a dish with garbanzo beans and a marinara sauce along with some other things. I was extremely satisfied with the taste, freshness, quality, and price. I'm not a huge fan of garbanzo beans unless they are pulverized into a good hummus, but this dish was GOOD! Portion size was good as well. I've found that at some of the restaurants that are vegan, portion sizes are on the small end. Not here. It filled me up. Location is right downtown, so convenient for downtown workers. I'll definitely go here again.
It looks like the new location with be on 1300 S. and 135 E. - I'm hoping they open soon!

Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 12, 2014
03-07-2014 UPDATE - Frisch is now open at 145 East and 1300 South, Suite 201. They informed me that they have been open a little over a week. They do not yet have a large sign, so it was a bit tricky to spot them (but it will be coming soon). I had their special, a buffalo soy-chicken wrap. It was wonderful. I also tried one of the cupcakes made by Cakewalk Vegan Bakery. It was delicious. The interior of the new location is bright and cheery. The customer service is top-notch as well. I'm happy to report that the new location also has a coffee bar, and one of the employees told me that the coffee will be available starting at 6AM, and then lunch service will begin at 11AM. I'm so happy that this Frisch is open again. It seems to be better than ever. Their website seems to need an update, but it appears that their facebook page has all the up-to-date info: https://www.facebook.com/frischeatery/info

Pros: Delicious Food, Good Size Portions, Friendly Staff
Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

YUM!!!

5 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

My family and I just ate at this amazing restaurant and can't wait to return. My husband and I loved what we ordered and what the other ordered. My son thought the Mac and cheese was delicious! We also tried the deserts and thought they were amazing!

Pros: friendly staff, great food , good value for cost
SummerPerkins
SummerPerkins

Another Great Vegan Restaurant!

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

This place smelled fantastic from the street and did not disappoint. Even my 14-year-old is hooked. I like the curried tofu salad and he dug the nachos. We also liked the Dillos, which are super-yummy vegan versions of Twinkies.

Pros: Good food, Fun decor, Family owned and operated

mtsaintellen
mtsaintellen

Easily the Best in SLC

5 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

I have been to Frisch a couple of times now, and it has been 5+ stars every time! They are excellently priced, great quantity and quality of food, easily accessible location, amazing staff, diverse menu that they are willing to alter to fit any dietary restrictions (such as GF), their produce is organic and locally sourced.. I could go on.
Frisch Compassionate Eatery is easily the best vegan restaurant in SLC. I will forever continue to give them my undying support!

Pros: Organic and Locally Sourced, Amazing Staff Offering a Diverse Menu, Immaculate Quality and Quantity of Food
MarzipanBreadLoaf
MarzipanBreadLoaf

Fresh

4 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

I love how fresh this place is. The prices are ok. 8 oz portions are usually $4 and 16 oz portions are usually $8. Most things are gonna be in that range. I was able to get some nachos at $7 and they totally blew vertical out of the water as far price goes. Extra Add-ons are reasonable at $1.50 (ie soy chicken on your nachos). Wish the portions were a bit bigger for the price.

NickPassey
NickPassey

Would Recommend to anyone!

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2013

There is a reason that this all Vegan Restaurant is attracting new customers is obvious once you experience Frisch Compassionate Eatery. Fresh food, Fun Environment, Owned and Operated by great people.

I love the Fancy Boy Wrap and the Mac and Cheeze. Don't forget to pickup a Cakewalk treat while you are there!

Pros: Fresh , Inexpensive, Local and Family Owned by great people
minirunner2
minirunner2

We Love Frisch!

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2013

One of the first things I loved about Frisch was seeing the whole family working together! They are very kind and friendly and the food is delicious! My husband LOVES the BBQ wrap and goes there often for lunch. We just went for Saturday brunch a couple weeks ago and the biscuits and gravy were absolutely fantastic! I also LOVE that they offer gluten free options as my daughter is gluten free.

Pros: gluten free options, inexpensive, great food
VintageVariety
VintageVariety

Sweet place

4 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2012

On our visit to SLC my husband and I tried this place once, and it was good. We got some sort of wrap, and the special which was tacos. Very tasty food. Very friendly people!

Pros: tasty food, friendly people, cute building
Cons: small portions
LollyDuRand
LollyDuRand

Finally Fresh Food

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

This place was great if you're in the mood for fresh food. I had the salad sampler and highly recommend it. My husband had a wrap that came with these tasty, little chips.

I'd definitely go back! I LOVE salad!

Pros: all vegan, great salad, rotating soup
Cons: not many hot food items
jenniferalene
jenniferalene

Frisch - great atmosphere, people, and FOOD!

5 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

I LOVE Frisch. I don't know where to begin. You walk in the door and are hit with colors and smiles. The atmosphere there is always upbeat, helpful, and happy. The food choices are amazing and easily customizable. My favorite is the Technicolor Tempeh Salad and their Veggie Wrap with the sesame soy chicken added - you can't go wrong with the bean spread you choose, but the curry one is amazing.

They have daily specials, baked goods from a vegan local bakery, and provide fresh, delicious, and earth friendly food. If you like their Facebook page, they are brilliant and keeping you updated on their specials and any changes to the menu etc.

Lastly, I want to talk about their to-go option. I'm a busy woman and love the fact that I can call them up quickly and my food is usually ready in 15 minutes or less. Often much less. They know my name and are happy ever time I come in! I love FRISCH!

Pros: Price, Variety, Atmosphere
Cons: NONE!
Hippy420
Hippy420

This was pretty dank

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

I liked this place... It just opened up, but they were good. I tried there spicy Mac in cheze, it was pretty dank.
I'd like to come here again honestly... If there's any hungry veggie hippies, then c'mon down to this place. You get decent portions for the price too.

Pros: Portions, Location, Food
Cons: None really
crabbymamma
crabbymamma

Amazing!

5 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2012

This has quickly become my favorite restaurant. The food is so so good, it really puts me in a good mood. My carnivore hubby names their vegan nachos as his favorite food now. The owners are fantastic and friendly. I tell everyone I know to go eat at Frisch!

Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Love this place!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

Awesome food, great owners. Their food, beyond being vegan, is super healthful and tasty. I love their wraps and salads. They have new specials on a daily basis and love to get creative with food. If you're looking for an inexpensive, healthy, yummy lunch look no further! Plus the interior is cheery and bright. A definite favorite!

Oh, and they cook with soy curls! The only place in Utah you can get them.

Pros: Healthy, Good options, Cool owners (family owned)

Dear Owner and Manager of Frisch Compassionate Eatery: