Fringe Club Fotogalerie

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian lunch buffet served by the Fringe Club; vegans inquire. Theme changes every day. Tea/coffee included in price. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, International, Italian, Thai, Salad bar, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by sglcklch
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible

• herbivore

Risky - vegans beware look at the food carefully.

3 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

Only full members can reserve tables.

Non-members can walk in & hope that there is space.

I often have to go there for meetings.

Not at all ideal for vegans - cow juice based dishes prevail!

The food is prepared in a meaty kitchen so I am very very careful as to what I chose from the buffet & I stick mainly to the simple salads.

The cooked dishes may well contain meaty sauces - even though the staff consider them 'veg'.

The breads almost certainly contain milk & perhaps other animal fats also.

I eat to be polite & sociable but I don't 'enjoy' here.

sglcklch
sglcklch

Love this place

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

First off, I don't think veg-friendly is the appropriate category because the buffet itself is 100% vegetarian; but then they also serve meat/fish upon order with an extra charge... so technically it doesn't really fall into the vegetarian category either. Carnivore-friendly would be the closest description I guess :)

Back to the food, I have eaten here twice and enjoyed it a lot both times. Theme varies every day: Monday is global, Tuesday Italian, Wednesday Thai, Thursday Asian, Friday global. First time I came it was global, loved it; second time Thai, even better! The tom yum was SO good. I quite like Thai food, but vegetarian Thai is rather hard to come by as it's not really a vegetarian-friendly cuisine. The Thai theme totally satisfied my desire.

Price is about HK$100 per person, tea/coffee included. Pay at the counter to get a plate and you can go help yourself. The buffet does not have a lot to offer, but it's adequate and everything is yummy. They have bread, two three kinds of cheeses, salad, cut-up assorted fruits, maybe an appetizer/snack, a soup, and two main dishes with rice or some kind of carbs depending on the theme on that day.

The setting was light and refreshing. One can also choose to sit outside on the balcony.

Pros: great food, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Fringe Club Fotogalerie: