I lunched here earlier this week at the all vego buffet in Colette's. On offer was:-
* a couple of different sliced artisan loaves of bread
* minestrone soup (that when I asked I was told by staff was vegan friendly)
* a leafy salad (that when I asked I was told by staff was vegan friendly)
* 2 other salads that contained some kind of cheese
* ratatouille (that when I asked I was told by staff was vegan friendly)
* sauteed courgettes (that when I asked I was told by staff was vegan friendly)
* spaghetti (that when I asked I was told by staff was vegan friendly)
* mixed fruit salad dessert that I assumed was vegan friendly
I tried a bit of everything other than the 2 dishes containing cheese. It was very tasty I have to say.
It's also a nice setting. The building is quite interesting with a minor labyrinth of stairs through the different rooms. Colette's itself has a nice balcony. Inside the decor is quite contemporary although on one of the walls are 24 album sleeves from through the decades (take your own pic from The Ramones, The Undertones, The Police, Gen X, Earth, Wind and Fire and others).
All in all I had great food in a very nice setting. Anyone at a time when they are on a tight budget, there are all vego places in downtown HK where you could get easily two or three lunches for the cost of the 118 hkd paid for this.
Rating this is a tricky one. If the venue was 100% vego like the buffet is, I'd rate it 4. However since the other menus in the Fringe Club aren't all vego, that is a mark off.
This place is probably worth a visit to check out the other things happening here. Colette's is probably a decent choice of venue to go for a drink in the evening.
Cons: Not 100% vego, Not for those on a tight budget