Serves meat, veg options available. Burritos are made to your specs, with lots of choices such as rice, two types of beans, guacamole, and sauces (labeled on menu). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Stefan Daystrom
gwild
gwild

fresh Mexican

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

The food here is very fresh and service is fast. You order at the counter and they bring the food to the table. We had the burritos which were very good but as in the previous review - not amazing. The salsa and guacamole had too many onions in them.
The cost was about $8 each.
You can pick what you want to put in it. I had guacamole rice black beams pico de gillo and salsa and corn in a whole wheat wrap. They toasted it and rolled into a nice crispy huge burrito.
The service was very friendly and accommodating. The place is casual and brightly colored.
They didn't have water by the glass- you have to buy a bottle!

Pros: fresh, fast , accommodating
Cons: no glasses of waterr, too many onions
Stefan Daystrom
Stefan Daystrom

good burrito, vegan labeling for sauces

3 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

I custom ordered a burrito with all-vegan ingredients just to see how it was. It was quite good, though not the best veggie burrito I've ever had. I had both pinto and black beans, corn (instead of rice), various salad ingredients, and the mildest vegan sauce listed (salsa verde), which was labeled "medium" but was closer to "mild" to my taste (and I prefer things mild!). (The two sauces labeled "mild" both have dairy.) I had it with the whole wheat wrap (tortilla), which was good, but started falling apart (flaking apart, rather than soaking apart like burritos at other places sometimes do!) before I had finished it.

One thing I miss, though (that I've had at some other burrito places), is the lack of grilled veggies as a choice of ingredient.

At present, they DO NOT take credit cards (only debit cards and cash). The reason: They don't have a chip card machine yet, and they told me that per Canadian law, they can't accept credit cards at all if they don't have a chip card machine.

Pros: vegan sauces identified on board, corn availalbe as ingredient, whole wheat wrap available
Cons: mildest sauces are not vegan, no credit cards for now, whole wheat wrap fell (flaked) apart

Dear Owner and Manager of Frijoles: