Little veggie cafe operating since July 2012. Vegetarian, vegan, and raw food with a large build-your-own menu, many sandwiches plus juices and smoothies. Gluten free and low glycemic options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out
622 North and South Rd (Delmar)
University City, Missouri 63130

ArashArabasadi
ArashArabasadi

What a find!

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

I was in town covering the unrest in Ferguson. Once again, thinking I would starve, Happy Cow to the rescue!
Great vegan burger with tease vegan cheese, and a dollar-off beer which meant $3 pale ale!
Prices are super reasonable coming from D.C.
Highly recommended, and I may even be back during this trip.

Pros: Cost, Quality, Atmosphere
Cons: Little slow
mg66
mg66

Great spot for vegetarians

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2014

Great for vegetarians or anyone who appreciates healthy food! So many choices, you will find yourself planning several return trips as you read the menu. Good spot for lunch, a bit casual for dinner out. Two thumbs way up!

Pros: Wide variety, Sidewalk dining, Nice staff
Cons: Casual for dinner
luvs2EAT
luvs2EAT

So many CHOICES:)

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

My daughter and I ate at Frida's Deli for lunch and I was so excited when I saw their menu. One word OUTSTANDING! First of all, it's in a trendy little neighborhood, University City, second of all, it had easy on street parking, third of all it was impeccably clean and chicly decorated. I think we had a Frida's Famous Vegan Burger and a Tempeh BLT (vegan). Then we could not leave without trying their Berry and Cashew Cream Parfait. Over the top. Anyway, LOVED IT and will return.

Pros: Great menu selection, Excellent service, Outstanding FRESH food

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Frida's Deli

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

It might smell too healthy when you first walk into this establishment, but don't let that fool you because the food is pretty good! I've been on quite the kale kick lately so I ordered their half order of kale salad. I was quite shocked when I received my order because it was huge (for a $4 half order) and full of fresh veggies; so much quality/value for so little money. The dressing was good but I felt it had a little too much lemon in it, but still good nonetheless. If this place were in Chicago I would eat here daily for lunch.

TShane
TShane
  • raw

Sweet Action

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Nice Place. Falafel wrap was good. Avocado chocolate mousse was good. The owner just started drawing on her wall on a whim.

MarielleLauren
MarielleLauren

So delicious!

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

Today was my first time at Frida's, although I've wanted to try it for a while. I had the marinated kale salad, which is raw and vegan. It was absolutely fantastic! Huge portion, wonderful depth of flavor, and good value for the price. My friend had the Frida burger, and she was impressed as well. We also had a $0.25 celery shot! :) The service there was excellent; servers were very nice. The parking is a bit limited, though. Everything was vegetarian, could easily be made vegan, and there were a few raw offerings as well.

Pros: Excellent food, large portions, Friendly Staff
Cons: Limited parking, Limited food choices/categories
JayDavidson
JayDavidson

Wonderful soup and salad

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

I had a delightful kale salad and spicy soup today at Frida's. I was happy to see that they are expanding into the space next door. I enjoyed my meal and if I lived here I would happily go back for more!

Pros: kale at its best
Cons: pay for parking (meters)
MelanieHarris
MelanieHarris

Great Vegan Deli!

Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

Tempeh BLT with veganaise - YUM and Mushroom Ruben was tasty too! Spicy Cabbage soup was much like an Asian Sweet and Sour and was very tasty. Smoothies and desserts like Avocado Mousse.... very impressed!

Pros: good food
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Tasty and Charming

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2012

I have eaten at Frida's several times now and think it is a fabulous addition to the St. Louis veg scene. It is a deli, so they don't have an extensive menu, mostly sandwiches, salad, juices, and smoothie's. However, since there is always the make your own sandwich option, they choices are vast. I have never had any issues with unfriendly staff.
Also, they normally have daily specials that usually contain a vegan option. The meatball sub w/marinara and Daiya cheese special was fantastic.
They are also now open for breakfast during the week. The offering are not large, but great for a weekday breakfast. The vegan wrap was quite good. They have bagels and vegan/non vegan cream cheese.
I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a veg place to eat in St. Louis. My only other suggestion is to try the Green 101 smoothie; it's my favorite!

Pros: Veg with lots of Vegan options, Great Daily Specials, Breakfast during the week
Cons: Not many sides
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Best Veg spot in St. Louis! Outdoor seating!

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

WOW! I had seen some posts from my friends back in St. Louis on Instagram & Facebook about their amazing lunches at Frida's. I was so excited to try it out when I got to St. Louis last week. I am such a picky vegan eater and the staff at Frida's (Frida is the owner's cat's name) is so accommodating and really GETS healthy vegan eating! Take a peak in their cold case as you walk in the door and you might spot a few oil-free salads. I was lucky enough to get the potato haricots verts oil-free vegan salad two days in a row! I go with the custom sandwich menu, you just grab the dry erase board markers and select your bread (Vegan pumpernickle swirl!) toppings, etc. The marinated mushrooms are my jam! The oil-free cucumber salad that comes with the sandwich is so good I end up piling it inside my sandwich. The staff at Frida's has really outdone themselves to create a wonderful sanctuary of healthy eating in St. Louis. I will really miss sitting outside on a warm St.Louis afternoon eating healthy vegan food in a city where I never though it would be possible! This is a must visit location, daily if possible!

Pros: oil-free salads & options, custom sandwich menu, outdoor seating
Tigra220
Tigra220

Hoping they'll get better with time...

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2012

I found Frida's with relative ease, being that I'm familiar with this area. There is metered street parking, which I imagine could be quite tricky during the lunch hour. I agree about the staff, not very customer-oriented, but the owner was friendly and she made a point to say both "hi" and "thank you" as I was leaving. The place is small and cutesy. There was a cold case with a variety of drinks and some raw desserts (courtesy of local restaurant, PuraVegan).

I ordered the steak (seitan) sandwich and the buffalo chkn sandwich (I try to get at least 2 things when visiting a new veggie place) to go. What I really liked is the variety of VEGAN mayo available. I got a few of them (a few cents per side mayo) to try. The steak sandwich smelled SO good as it was cooking with the onions. Unfortunately, it was blah. The seitan lacked flavor, which neither the onions nor the vegan mayo could resuscitate. I hope they tweak this dish b/c it has potential for greatness. I thoroughly enjoyed the buffalo chkn sandwich though. I personally added the vegan mayo as well as their vegan sriracha mayo (spicy!), and it was divine! I'd love to see this added as a wrap (tortilla) option one day. The sandwiches came with a cucumber salad, which I requested to omit b/c I don't like cucumbers. I was offered fruit instead, which were oranges. As they develop I hope to see an addition of available sides, like french fries (for those junk food days), salad, pasta salad, etc. Neither of these sandwiches are listed as vegan on their menu, however, I emailed them ahead of time and was advised that taking the cheese off the steak sandwich, and ordering the spicy buffalo chkn without the ranch makes them vegan. :)

I look forward to this place perfecting with age.

Pros: nice, central STL area, many vegan options
Cons: Not the cheapest, parking, food is a bit bland
  • gr8vegan gr8vegan

Please reconsider your 3 star rating. I went to Frida's three days in a row while in St. Louis and its hands down the best place for vegans within 100 miles

Ms Roberta
Ms Roberta

Vegan Delight!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

We located Frida's via Happy Cow and it was an easy find within minutes from our hotel. I ordered the Frida Burger and my boyfriend ordered the Mushroom Walnut burger. We were excited when our food came out in under 15 mins. of waiting. The presentation was delightful and colorful. I loved the mixed colored plates. Our burgers came out open-faced and dressed with nice amounts of bright red tomatoes, fresh sprouts, avocados, and tahini tossed lettuce. The side of cucumber salad was sprinkled with fresh dill and our juices were fantastic and refreshing. I ordered orange, carrot,and apple and my boyfriend got the "beetlejuice". Both were bright and engrossing. The food was excellent and the juice was so fresh. Perfect lunch date. I thought the menu had alot to offer, I wanted to try everything :)
Our only con was the staff. No one seemed welcoming or had any recommendations. And no one inquired as to how we thought the food was or checked on us during our time there.
We would definitely go back and I recommend the JUICE!

Pros: Clean, Fresh, Delicious
LollyDuRand
LollyDuRand

Not impressed

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

Overall I was disappointed with my experience here. Although this restaurant is new and completely vegetarian, I have to say that I was not impressed.

It's hard to give a negative review to an all veg place in St. Louis as there aren't many options. However, Frida's only offers salads and sandwiches and the recipes seem simple enough to make at home. When I go out for a meal, I want to order something I can't or won't make for myself in my own kitchen.

I had the vegan BLT with a ceasar salad. The best part of this meal was the croutons on my salad. The ceasar did not taste like traditional ceasar and believe me, I've had amazing vegan ceasar. The BLT lacked flavor (and vegan mayo).

Overall, I would not drive 20 minutes to eat here again. If I lived closer I would probably stop in for smoothies but the food was not something I could honestly say I'd return for.

Pros: variety of smoothies, all veg, friendly staff
Cons: bland food, lack of vegan options, not in the city
  • gr8vegan gr8vegan

Please give Frida's another shot. I just ate there three days in a row and it was amazing. I'm from STL and was just visiting and couldn't believe how good it was!!! Almost made me consider moving back. Give them another shot if you can!
    Thanks