REMOVED: Freshness Burger -...

Serves meat, veg options available. An organic burger chain with branches in Asia. Offers 2 veg burgers on the menu: vegetable burger beans and vegetable burger tofu. Located in the busy neighborhood of Shinjuki. Removed as they no longer offer veggie burgers. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MtVic
riquinho
riquinho

Are they still vegetarian at all?

1 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

In recent weeks I've been into three different outlets that I used to frequent and all have stopped doing any kind of veggie burger. They couldn't tell me whether this was nationwide and I was unable to find an email contact so I sent a letter to their headquarters in Aoyama requesting a clarification and explanation. I wrote it in Japanese leaving my full details but I never got a reply. Can anyone else update me on this?

It may just be the places I go, but after many years in Japan I feel things are getting less vegetarian-friendly (not that it was ever very friendly). Several products that I used to buy have been discontinued or have had non-vegetarian ingredients added to them.

• riquinho riquinho

Thanks for this update Paul. I don't know if it's everywhere but I dropped into a Kichijoji branch today and sure enough biinzubaagu was back. I'll try to go often enough to convince them there really is a veggie clientele out there.

• paulh paulh

Hi, just in case anyone comes across this, Freshness Burger now appear to be doing the Beans Burger again.

acidkitty
acidkitty

May not have veggie burger

1 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2013

We stopped here for some veggie burgers, after hunting in vain for something else in the area. We did not see either the bean burger or tofu burger on the menu. When we asked, we were told they were "sold out" of those. I don't know if that means they normally have them or not.

Cons: may be out of veggie burgers
  • paulh paulh

I've been to Freshness Burger in Hino and Koenji and both have the beans burger again. No tofu burger though unfortunately.

umebossy
umebossy

Not veg-friendly if you are a strict veggie

2 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

The two vegetable burgers may be meat free but they are cooked on the same grill as the meat burgers, as are the buns. Depending on how strict you are you may want to skip and get a real veggie burger elsewhere! Fries and onion rings are also cooked alongside meat products. I do love their iced chai though...

Pros: Many locations, Yummy chai
Cons: Not strictly veggie

Aya
Aya

None of the burgers are vegan

2 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

The two vegetable burgers are not vegan, as the buns are with eggs and milk.

Cons: Not vegan, Milk and eggs in the bun
MtVic
MtVic

Tasty Burgers

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

We tried both vege burgers - the bean one and the tofu burger. Both were excellent - so much so that we ordered seconds!

The place is a simple fast-food style restaurant. Order at the counter and the meal is brought to you in a basket.

Good for a quick snack.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 18, 2012

Pros: Tasty

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Freshness Burger - Tokyo: