freshii - Houston Center

Serves meat, veg options available. International fast food chain restaurant where you can customize wraps, bowls, and salads. Choose from many kinds of vegetables plus there is brown rice and a grilled tofu protein option. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Salad bar, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1200 McKinney Ste 374 (The Shops at Houston Center)
Houston, Texas 77010
713-659-2200
Closed now

Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-3:00pm

First Review by rvasquez
rvasquez
rvasquez

Probably will not be back

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2011

First I'll start with the location. It's located in the Park Shops downtown, so unless you work in the area or already in the area, it's not really practical to just go here for the food. The parking is either metered and hard to come by or in the garage for a fee.

As far as the food goes, you first have to fill out your order on a little clipboard and get in line. I ordered the "vegan wrap" which comes on a honey wheat tortilla, which I told them makes it not vegan; he said he would bring it up with the manager. It's supposed to come with spinach, avocado, carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, sweet corn, chick peas, sundried tomatoes, oil and vinegar. I mention the ingredients because what it actually consisted of was a lot of spinach, three little cubes of avocado, a few bits of carrots, broccoli, cucumbers and corn kernels, about 5 chick peas, a TON of sundried tomatoes and a TON of oil and vinegar. The sundried tomatoes and vinegar were so overpowering I couldn't even finish my wrap.

On the plus side you can make your own wrap to order, but they still only have the honey wheat tortilla. They also have salads and soups for more vegan or veggie options. They also have baked goods made by Sinful Bakery.

I'd be willing to try different things on the menu, but based on my one trip it's really not worth me making the hellish trip into downtown.

Pros: Lots of options, Biodegradable containers
Cons: bad parking, vegan wrap not vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of freshii - Houston Center: