Health food market and cafe. Juice bar, deli food, health foods, organic grocery. more-less
2913 23rd Ave (31st St)

yogiemama
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious Food, Good Selection

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2009

I read the first review and must say that I find this place to be absolutely charming despite the pricing issues. The service is excellent, the selection is constantly evolving and whenever my bill is over 40$ I get a free cookie! Which I must say, is DELICIOUS!
I recommend the juice bar and the deli if you are looking for a healthy meal on the go. All of the entrees I have tried have been amazing and the ingredients are organic.
As for groceries - while the produce selection is not abundant, they do have a lot to offer in the frozen and boxed department - such as my very favorite Ezekial 4:9 English Muffins, Stevia, coconut oil, flax, flaxseed oil, healthy crackers...and they also have a really good selection of homeopathic meds, vitamins and herbal remedies.
I love this place!

Pros: Service, Charm, Deli
Cons: Price
bob
bob

Fresh Start Lacks Customer Service

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2008

I moved into the area a few months ago and shop at fresh start at least once a week. No less than half the times I've been there I have been overcharged or double charged for items. It's difficult to know this since almost none of their products have prices on them, but after going over my receipts I often find mistakes. Recently I happened to buy two items that did have price tags and was overcharged for both of them. I went back and was told they would refund the extra charges but that next time I could not get these items for this price- i thought that was an unnecessary comment. Then they told me they would not sell me one of the items at the price it was lableded (I could keep it at almost double the price is was marked, or I could return it). I shop there every week and they wouldn't honor the price THEY put on the item! I was also given coupons, nice gesture I thought, except they expired October of last year. Which considering everything else that happened just seems rude.

I hope to have better experiences in the near future or I will have to start shopping elsewhere.

Dear Owner and Manager of Fresh Start Market: