Serves meat, veg options available. Tea rolls, tofu stir fry, noodles, and others. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Asian, International, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
39 S Pleasant St
Amherst, Massachusetts 01002
413-256-0296

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by sloweducation
RayneTupelo
RayneTupelo

One of my favorites!

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

I love the food here! The tea rolls are delicious. I've enjoyed their vegan curried rice and vegan pad thai. Ask for the vegan menu to make ordering easier. No kid friendly food.

Cons: no kid-friendly food
bstafford
bstafford

Good, healthy food

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

Went here with family for my birthday- I am the only vegan. Short wait, as seems to be a popular place. Awesome tea rolls, and very filling vegan pad thai. Would definitely recommend to anyone in the area.

Pros: Good Food, Filling
Cons: Wait time
VeganPlease
VeganPlease

AWESOME!!!

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2011

This place is so good. Vegan, vegetarian and meat eaters options. I make sure to go here every time I'm in Amherst for the night. Service is awesome too!

Pros: really good food, options for everyone, awesome/friendly service

healthyeater
healthyeater

Wonderful food, good service, great place.

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2011

My friend, who is vegan, and I went to eat here a few weeks ago. We both ordered the vegan pad thai which is EXCELLENT. My friend had tea rolls and she said they were very good. The waitstaff are very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has a very relaxing atmosphere. We can't wait to eat here again. Even though it's not a strictly vegetarian restaurant, it has many options for vegetarians and vegans. Check it out.

Pros: Vegetarian options, Friendly service
Cons: Gets very crowded sometimes
vegman444
vegman444

Resting on laurels

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

Fresh Side used to be fresh, now it's known mostly for snotty servers and grumpy counterpeople. Hey, if you guys don't like your jobs, QUIT! There are loads of out of work people dying to be hired.

Now onto the food. It's unique, and like any menu there are some great choices, but many duds as well. The tofu is too watery and squishy, and I bet my paycheck what they claim is "vegan" ain't. I taste chicken broth in the noodle dishes, and oh yeah, I would love to see the ingredients of the "vegan" noodles--guessing there's egg in there.

The tea is amazing, the best choices and tastes around. The tea rolls are mostly great, but some are cold and boring too.

Plan ahead, due to the annoyed staff, you may be waiting a LONG time to get your food. Oh, and be warned: If you complain about anything, they'll make you feel like it's YOUR fault.

Pros: Tea, Tea rolls, Location
Cons: Attitude of servers and counter people, Service can be slow, Mess up orders frequently
sloweducation
sloweducation

worst service i've ever received

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2008

my first and only time attending fresh side, i ordered pad thai. when it was delivered, i began to eat it, only to notice a few seconds later that there were eggs in it, which meant that there was also fish sauce in it. my waiter (an ugly fellow with a ponytail) was completely unapologetic. he offered a completely flat excuse ("you were looking down when you said that you wanted it vegan"), but no apology. the manager was more apologetic, but only by a little bit. surprisingly for a restaurant that offers so many vegan options, they seemed to have no consideration at all of the importance of actually serving their food vegan when it was requested as such.

Cons: appalling service

Dear Owner and Manager of Fresh Side: