CLOSED: Fresh Cafe and Market

Vegetarian cafe turned fully vegan per July 2014 report. Uses organic and locally grown produce. Offers juicing and cooking demonstrations. MAR 2015 REPORTED SHUT, MOVING. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering
1721 25th St
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
515-440-4700

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by lucerne07
jenniferforthewin
jenniferforthewin

Favorite vegan café in the area!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

Fresh Café and Market always has delicious food and smoothies/juice! Their menu changes seasonally, so there's always variety. They also have great specials, particularly with vegan dessert. My favorite menu items are the pesto mac & cheeze and the raw chocolate shake. Definitely would recommend to anyone who happens to be in West Des Moines!

Pros: Friendly staff, Fresh food
Cons: Location can be hard to find
alyvanheuk
alyvanheuk

awesome!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

This place is now COMPLETELY VEGAN! Food is super good and staff was super nice! We tried the veggie burger, mac n cheese, hummus, black bean brownie and a smoothie and absolutely loved them all. Go there! Get lunch. And a brownie.

lucerne07
lucerne07

Healthy & fresh fare in Central Iowa!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2012

True to its name, the food here tastes fresh, vibrant and alive! I ordered the raw pasta made with zucchini noodles and topped with a tomato marinara on a bed of spinach. My dining companion had their Mediterranean-style falafel salad. The portions are generous and the prices spot on for the quality you're getting. I'm so delighted to find a place offering such colorful and healthy food in Des Moines. When we were finished with our meals, they were offering samples of black bean brownies. My companion had planned on splitting one with me, but once we took a bite she said, "We each need one for ourselves!" I look forward to going back and trying more of their entrees and desserts.

Pros: lots of vegan options, fresh, healthy
Cons: wait can be a bit long

Guest
Guest

D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

Even though it's not all vegetarian it still has some awesome options. All of the staff is very friendly. They also support the "Buy Fresh Buy Local" so you know they have all organic items. Another good thing is that they cater. One of my favorite things there are their wheatgrass shots. They grow it themselves and they don't use pesticides or fertilizers. Another thing are their smoothies because they use REAL fruit and not syrups. They also have REAL fruit and vegetable juices that they make in front of you so you know what's in them. My favorite things for lunch there are the salads and wraps. They are also at the Downtown Farmers Market almost every Saturday. I think this is one of the best cafe's in Iowa and I think you will too.

Pros: very friendly staff, healthy options, local
Cons: small space

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Fresh Cafe and Market: