Fresh Bakery and Cafe Taipei

Vegan bakery and cafe with multicultural offerings with bread from Europe, South Africa, and Asia. Opened Jan 2013. Fruit bread, nut bread, savory bread, burgers, coffee, tea, juice, pizza. Desserts include chocolate mousse, cakes, cupcakes and cookies. Near Kunyang MRT station, one-minute walk from exit 4. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery, Juice bar, Pizza, American, Organic, Take-out
466, Sec. 6, Zhongxiao East Rd, Nangang (Xiangyang Road)
Taipei, Taiwan
02-27831339

Open Mon-Sat 9am-9pm.

• Cash only

First Review by cj the taniwha
kim2121
kim2121

Maybe a Bad Day?

3 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Such great reviews, maybe I was there on a bad day? I expected a cafe-type of environment, or at least a restaurant where I could try the pizza mentioned in the other reviews, but it was definitely more of a bakery/warehouse environment when I visited. Although I was the only customer, they had to clear off a table just for me to sit down, and I felt like I should hurry up and eat so they could have their table space back. I tried the curry bread, which was very good. The people working there were also very polite, but I would only go back if I was in the neighborhood and wanted baked goods to go.

Pros: Tasty Baked Goods, Friendly Service
Cons: Atmosphere
Lbeboipinoy
Lbeboipinoy

Best veg pizza in Taiwan so far

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

One of the few vegetarian bakery in Taiwan. Family own business. Indian and Taiwanese type of food. 1 year old so pretty good for a vegan restaurant food and service wise

Pros: best veg pizza so far, vegan cakes look delicious, free wifi
Cons: need to cover their fresh bake food from mosquito, walls need decoration for a more friendly environm, have a big TV... but it needs to be on for it to b
yvonne welzen
yvonne welzen

Delicious desserts and coffee

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

i visited the Fresh bakery before and from the start loved the food
The owner is constantly trying to improve the quality,it is very good already,but according to him it always can get better
I enjoyed a delicious tiramisu and a very good cup of coffee this time

Pros: Delicious food, Good coffee, Very friendly staff
katy3
katy3

Fantastic vegan pizza, bread, and desserts!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

Thank you happycow.net for allowing me to find this wonderful vegan bakery! Vegan or not, if you're in Taipei, it is well worth the subway trip to visit this place.

We stopped by on a Thursday afternoon. There were two types of breads left, a taro one and one filled with dried fruits. I picked up 2 of each along with two vanilla and two coffee cupcakes (sans frosting). We ate the cupcake right away and they were sooo moist and not overly sweet! Just the way I like it. Their bread was the lightest bread I've ever had. They were so soft and bouncy. The taro one had bits of taro inside and the dried fruits one was filled (I mean filled) with lots of what tasted like dried cherries and raisins. We loved the bread and the cupcakes so much that we went back to try their pizza the next day for lunch.

Not sure if my words can do the pizza justice, but I will do my best. It was thin-crust with vegan cheese, mushrooms (maybe 2 or 3 different kinds), olives, corn, and maybe cooked spinach(?). It was so flavorful. The mushrooms were definitely the stars. The corn added a nice texture. The olives were the good olives and were not salty. It was not dry yet not greasy at all. Simply put, it was the best pizza I've ever had. the only downside is that it takes a while to prepare and bake, so might want to call ahead.

While we were waiting for the pizza, we tried the curry-filled bread. Oh... it was so yummy! Again, the bread was light and bouncy (gives a very nice mouth feel) and they were not stingy with the curry. The price is definitely reasonable for the quality and quantity of food that you get. After our meal (stuffed at this point), the owner (super nice and friendly!) offered us a free sample of their famous chocolate mousse and a slice of cake. The chocolate mousse was quite good - it was fragrant and not overly sweet. The cake (not sure what kind it was), but it was moist and light. We picked up more bread and an "egg" tart to go. Just ate the "egg" tart and the texture was very similar to the real egg tart. I have no idea how they were able to make vegan "egg" tart, but I'm glad they did.

We asked the owner how they managed to make the bread so light and bouncy. He told us that they use natural yeast from grapes to slow rise the bread. It takes 20 hours for the entire process! No wonder their bread taste so good!

Wish I lived in Taipei, so I can be a regular here. But will definitely come back again every time I'm in Taipei

Pros: Delicious food, Very nice owner, Very short walk from subway station
cj the taniwha
cj the taniwha

Great new vegan bakery in Taipei

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

I have been to Fresh bakery twice since it opened in late January 2013. The staff there are amazingly friendly and nice and are always quick to offer free samples of their latest creations. They have a wide range of cakes, cupcakes, desserts, breads, burger, pizza, tea, coffee and juices. The chocolate mouse and hot chocolate are to die for and the best I have ever tasted. They are planning to offer more new menu items and can answer lots of questions about their products. They include organic ingredients wherever possible and the location is right across the road from exit 4 of Kunyang MRT station. We look forward to coming back regularly!

Pros: Super friendly staff, Delicious food, Free samples!
Cons: Too much packaging

Dear Owner and Manager of Fresh Bakery and Cafe Taipei:

Last updated: 2013/08/27

Added: 2013/03/01

Added by: cj the taniwha