Vegetarian bistro making pizzas from stone oven, sandwiches, hearty soups, stews on brown rice (curry, ratatouille, cabbage and chorizo-ish) on brown rice, grits, quinoa, baked goods, coffee. Focus is on local, organic, and healthy. Many dishes are available as vegan with modification request. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Italian, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
22 S Addison St (corner of Cary St)
Richmond, Virginia 23220

eleutheromaniac
eleutheromaniac

Great lunch option

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

Fresca is strictly vegetarian and offers many vegan options as well. Their pizza and entrees are good but their wraps and sides are amazing! I highly recommend the roasted broccolini wrap with white bean spread.

This is not a full service restaurant, more like a cafe. There is indoor and outdoor seating. The staff is always pleasant.

Pros: Strictly Veg, Great Food
Cons: They close early M-Th, Little to no parking, Expensive
DougMcCallum
DougMcCallum

We had a really good meal

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

Vegetarian but very vegan friendly restaurant. Good selection of items on the menu and the food was excellent. It was well worth the visit.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Excellent food for good prices
Cons: Closes early (6PM)
johnmal80
johnmal80

Wonderful restuarant!

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

We stopped here for a quick meal and were surprised by the great atmosphere a d delicious food. Everything on the menu sounds awesome and we had a hard time deciding which meal we wanted because we wanted to try everything. I had the spicy sausage sandwich (vegan), it was outstanding. My wife had a pesto pizza and loved it. My kids had vegan cheese pizzas that were amazing. Love this place.

SallyByrd
SallyByrd

Fresca is so good, every single time

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2013

I love this place and am so happy I live just a short walk away. The food is always good. Always. I've been here, I dunno, a dozen times and have never once been even slightly disappointed with the food. The fresh-made whole wheat pita - just that alone is worth a visit. Try the sushi sandwich, the lentil burger, any of the pizzas (which are half off on Saturdays, btw). Remember to check the specials. God, so good. It's all so good!

Pros: fresh, delicious, nice vibe
Cons: can be a tad pricey
VEGvoyagers
VEGvoyagers

best cupcake ever

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2013

we walked in and were quickly greeted by friendly staff and ordered curried butternut squash soup which was delicious. The sushi sandwich blew my mind as i had never thought to make such a thing myself but was pleasantly surprised at how simple but awesome this sandwich was! they make their own pitas in house which makes the sandwiches that much better. My favorite thing of all was the pumpkin cupcake, im not a sweets person but this was truley the most moist and best tasting cupcake ive ever had. everything we ordered was vegan and almost anything on the menu can be made vegan.

ekarp13
ekarp13

Great Food, Great Staff

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

Truly a great experience. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. I tried the butternut squash soup - it was one of my favorite soups ever. I also had the vegan chicken salad, I was extremely pleased - it was absolutely delicious. I liked the soup so much that I bought extra to bring home with me. Definitely worth the visit :)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday August 21, 2013

Pros: Food, Staff, Selection
Cons: chairs/tables, silverware
claryb
claryb

Awesome

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

Everything I ordered was delicious. Very refreshing to find a vegan friendly restaurant. I will definitely be a regular customer.

Pros: Friendly staff, Large portions
MrsAshleyFrye
MrsAshleyFrye

one of the best

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

Fresca is all out amazing. Creative and delicious healthy food.Most everything can be made vegan.The sushi sandwich is phenominal ! Staff is super nice and price is reasonable.

Pros: Awesome staff, Delicious healthy food, great atmosphere
evolvegan
evolvegan

I love Fresca!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Fresca is the best! I am vegan and almost everything there is or can be vegan. Vegan cupcakes! Vegan brick oven pizza! Innovative sandwiches and sides. Love the staff and the atmosphere! Thank you Fresca

Pros: food, staff, vegan
NJveganista
NJveganista

worth the detour!!

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

Road trip on way home from SC, we decided to stop in Richmond for some grub from Fresca on Addison. Had the vegan chorizo pizza, the white bean hummus and broccalini pita sammie and for dessert we had the peanut butter, banana and chocolate chip pizza. Everything was fresh with spectacular flavor. Met Jenna, the owner - lovely young woman and incredibly friendly. We can't wait to go back! We give Fresca an A+!!!

Pros: great food , great service , creative menu
Cons: not in my home town :(
maynard7
maynard7

Great food on my visit

5 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2011

Like one of the other reviewers on here, I got the broccolini sandwich with white bean spread on the whole wheat pita. I think the bean spread may have had a lot of oil, since by dinnertime I still wasn't hungry, but other than that, the meal seemed very healthy. That day they had apple fennel salad which was great (I wish I knew how to make it myself). I think the sandwich was $7.50 and the iced tea was $2.00. I look forward to going back again so I can try everything on the menu. This was a Saturday, and they had a sign on the sidewalk that said they had 1/2 price pizzas on Saturday from 5pm to either 9 or 10pm. Since the pizzas are usually $8.50 this would be a great deal for anyone (I'm going to try to convince my stubborn non-vegetarian friends to at least try the pizza!). I don't know if they do this deal every Saturday, but hopefully they do. They have free wifi, and you have to ask at the counter for the password. Order at the counter, and they bring the food to your table. Anyway, Richmond doesn't have many vegetarian choices, and this is a good one.... don't miss it while you're in my home town!

Pros: Flavors, Quality of food
radmango
radmango

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2011

Visited Richmond for the day and found Fresca using the happycow app while hanging out on Cary St. Delicious!

Got the roasted broccolini sandwich on wheat and I'm still thinking about it. It was the perfect warm hearty tasting meal on what was a cold nasty day. The side of kale salad was also excellent. So glad I found it! I'll definitely go back when we're in town. There are several other vegan options.

Pros: Excellent food
DCarter23103
DCarter23103

Good food!

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

I ate at Fresca yesterday with 3 non-vegetarians. We all really enjoyed our meals. I had the ratatouille with quinoa and a salad (as did one of my friends)' my husband had the 4 cheese pizza and hummus, and another friend had the "chorizo" pizza. One in our party also had the beet and goat cheese salad. It was all really great!! We willndefinitely be back!

roxette521
roxette521

An inspired kitchen!

5 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

This place just opened a month ago, and I've already been there twice. Just great! The cafe is light (big windows), friendly, and warm, always crowded. A dinner for two was 26 dollars, lunch for two - 18 dollars. They use almond milk for their espresso drinks. There're tons of vegan options (almost everything can be made vegan), and everything I've had so far has been flavorful without being too salty. The soups are fantastic. My non-vegetarian bf has loved everything as well, including a pizza with veggie chorizo. They have a small brick oven, in which they bake pizza, rolls, and homemade pita. The pizzas are small enough for an individual portion, but big enough for two people that want to have a light meal. I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Richmond, especially because it's cheaper than Ipanema, more attractive inside, and less hipstery (you can take you parents or kids here, the crowd is of mixed ages).

Pros: Healthy, Friendly staff, Good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Fresca on Addison: