Opened Sept 2010, this vegan cafe provides coffee, tea, and food using natural ingredients. Menu includes sandwiches, panini, day's soup, organic salads, Belgium waffles (mornings only) and oatmeal. The glass case display features muffins, cakes, and various desserts. Choice of soy, almond, or hemp milk for your drinks. Has fresh juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out, Juice bar
191 E Main St Ste 1B (Old Town Tustin)
Tustin, California 92780
714-371-0976

Mon-Sat 9:00am-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by JaimeSue
samlove0134
samlove0134

This is what any cafe should be like

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

Vegan or not, service is important to any business. Freesoulcaffe hits the mark on all aspects. Amazing customer service, unbelievable cruelty-free food, and great ambience. Turns out my parents had been going to this cafe for years, and only found out that all items were vegan AFTER I told them recently.

There was also a cat who snuck in and begged for attention, so that's always a good sign in a vegan establishment. ;)

Love this place! Highly recommend eating here.

Pros: Excellent food, Amazing staff, Calm ambience
Cons: Pastries were pricey
Wabbott
Wabbott

amazing

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

I felt very welcomed right when I walked in. I ordered the Hatch Burger and Goji Tropic Juice and they were both Heavenly!

Pros: good service, welcoming, amazing food
Meg Gee
Meg Gee

BLT Heaven

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

I've been to Free Soul Caffe more times than I can count and I thought it was time to write a review. This is a clean and unique place with a completely vegan menu (Yay!). You will never have to worry about any animal products ending up in your food. (Double Yay!).
I have tried most of the sandwiches but the best, in my opinion, is the BLT. I somehow always end up going back to it even if I try to branch out and try their other menu items. Its excellent. They also do a great job with their salads which are fresh and plentiful. The only exception to this is a kale salad I tried once which seemed really small and rather bland. The potato pizza is good, if you are a pizza fan (I'm not - so its the only one i've tried). We have also been here many times for breakfast and I always get the waffle with fresh fruit. I have tried a variety of the baked goods. My husband really likes the muffins and some of the desserts are excellent if you get them while they are fresh.
The best part, however, is the coffee. I've tried granites, mochas, lattes, all very good.
My only complaints are that is seems very over-priced and the parking is pretty limited. However, neither of those things seems to stop me from going there.
Its a great place to have breakfast or lunch. The patio has quite a bit of seating and it's got a very relaxed feel to it. I highly recommend checking out Free Soul Caffe.

Pros: All vegan, Good food, great coffee
Cons: over-priced, limited parking

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Sandwiches, Soups, Cheescakes, Cookies. Heaven

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

My first time here and I chose a sandwich, soup, a cheesecake, and 3 different cookies to go. I went back for dinner, even though I only go to this area once a year and I have other favorites in the area.

vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Highly recommended!

5 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2013

We were frequent visitors to Freesoul when we lived in Orange County. This place is by far the nicest spot in the area. The food is 100% vegan and delicious!
Some of our favourites are: Potato pizza, Marinara Pasta, Green Tea Granita, Waffles...and the whole menu!

Friendly staff, beautiful and clean atmosphere (seriously, the staff are always cleaning the place!).

Pros: WAFFLES!, 100% vegan, the only real 'cafe' in the area
jooj1028
jooj1028

Give FreeSoulCaffe a chance

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2012

This place is awesome!!! I go about every other week and always get the BLT. I have tried other things but the BLT is my favorite. The desserts are amazing as well. Very cool atmosphere inside and out and it is in a great part of Old Tustin. If people are weary about trying Vegan food, don't be. This place is excellent. I only wish there was one closer to my work.

Pros: Excellent Foods, Vegan Food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: A little far for me, Pricey
Chia
Chia

Old Town Tustin Cafe

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Freesoulcaffe review.

This place reminds me of Urth Cafe (locations in the LA area) - from the menu board to the desserts case display - except that it's all vegan here. Also the menu is more concise with just a handful of items (sandwiches, colorful salads, chili).

The only mention of the word "vegan" is on the menu. From just looking at the desserts case you would not even know that the attractive assortment of mini-cakes and bars and baked goods are all vegan.

The inside of the cafe is very cozy, comfortable, modern chic. Out front is a lovely courtyard with seating around a small water fountain. The other patrons seemed to come for the relax, to sit outside with their coffee and a book or computer.

We had a fresh carrot & apple juice, a bowl of chilli (beans, spices), an espresso min-cake, and a blackberry mini-cake. The chilli was tasty. The cakes were good, though a bit too sweet for my personal liking. I enjoyed the espresso flavor in the cake. I also had their individual cup drip coffee (no regular brew offered after 11am, but you could get espresso drinks). Moderate prices.

kglaguna
kglaguna

and dessert too!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

I'm a first timer & will definitely be back...had the vegan blt & butternut squash soup...both excellent. They have a dessert case that could make a former sweets junkie weep...all vegan!!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 25, 2012

Pros: great atmosphere, great food, Dessert!!
Ginatron
Ginatron

Exceptional Gourmet Vegan Food

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

My husband and I were absolutely amazed to find a place like this little haven in old town Tustin. This place has everything we like about our favorite cafes in Los Angeles and much more! Beautiful ambiance, luscious deserts, homemade soups and coffee that rivals the neighboring "Kean!" We knew once people start discovering it for themselves is was going to be hugely famous in Orange County. We drive half an hour to get there and it's worth it every time. You will not be disappointed!

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 01, 2011

Pros: Delicious Gourmet Food & Coffee, Beautiful Ambiance, Friendly, Conscientious Staff
lnmagnee
lnmagnee

Cute Cafe

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

I wanted to try a lot of the baked goods in the display case, but I ordered a waffle and a hot chocolate. The cafe was clean and in a nice area. There is patio seating.

Pros: all vegan, baked goods, good location
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Incredible Desserts and Coffee!

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

Their array of desserts is really something! The only thing I specifically remember trying is the peanut butter torte which was very rich and delicious, as was every other dessert I've tried. They have quite a variety to choose from. Also their coffee drinks are soothing, and again rich and delicious. However, I tried one of their sandwiches called the Atlantic I believe, and it was AWFUL! It was just inedible to me, and was expensive to boot. The side salad it came with wasn't great either. However, I went the first month they opened and they may have improved their sandwiches since then, so I would certainly be open to giving it another try. Randomly saw veggie celebrity Milo Ventimiglia there (didn't go up to him, just saw him at a nearby table). This is a lovely, clean, cafe with a cute outdoor patio. That whole neighborhood has a sweet quaint feel to it. I would really like to try their breakfast waffles sometime as they sound delish. This is a great place for an afternoon date, or evening dessert date, or even just to hang out with friends. I hope this place becomes as ubiquitous as other coffee houses, because regardless of them being vegan (which I love), their quality surpasses them all! (Be aware that they are closed on Sundays.)

Pros: Amazingly rich and decadent desserts, Large variety of desserts and drinks, Adorable, Quaint, Lovely Ambience
Cons: Closed Sundays, Atlantic Sandwich
xsoymilkandgunx
xsoymilkandgunx

Soup, sandwich & bakery.

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2011

This is one of my absolute favorite restaurants to frequent. I don't dvd order or make soup 'cause it's usually bland and generally unsatisfying. I was soaking up the portable soup with my Atlantic "tuna" panini. The coconut cake is a must have as well. Nice, light, and delicately sweet. Remarkable food.

Pros: delicious, high quality ingredients, relaxing
Cons: i want more locations, or a cookbook!
spiceislandvegan
spiceislandvegan

A blessing to have this caffe in my home town!

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2010

I have been visiting this caffe since they were opened a few months ago. I love their coffee and baked goods. I stopped by 2 or 3 times a week to get my coffee drink. I don't go to Starbucks anymore since I can't buy their breakfast goodies (not vegan). This caffe has all the vegan goodies all you want from muffins, scones, cupcakes, tortes, cakes, cheesecakes, and cookies. The baked goods were baked daily and fresh. The coffee drinks are large in size and very good. I have tried several sandwiches such as panini and smoked ham sandwich. They are good and big. I think to eat their dessert I have to eat only half portion of their lunch. My favorites are pumpkin cake, pumpkin and apple muffin, pumpkin scone, and peanut butter torte. Their peach roibos tea is also so good.

Pros: Tasty, Fresh, Nice patio
Cons: a bit pricey, street parking
JaimeSue
JaimeSue

Delicious Vegan Breakfast and Lunch, too!

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

I can't tell you how happy I am to have a vegan breakfast place in Orange County. Tons to choose from, all fantastic. The soups and sandwiches are also very fresh and delicious and inspired creations. Fair Trade tea and coffee - I'm so in love!

Pros: tons of vegan choices, hearty, tasty meals, beautiful outdoor location
Cons: closed on Sunday, breakfast only till 11

Dear Owner and Manager of Freesoulcaffe: