Free and Natural Vegetarian

Takeaway dim sum counter at front, restaurant inside with extensive Chinese vegetarian menu with vegan options. Name in Chinese: 自在素食 Location: Everich Building, Shop A1, G/F. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out
43 Boundary St, Sham Shui Po (Prince Edward Mtr Exit A)
Kowloon, Hong Kong
2779-9068

Open Mon-Sun 11am-10:30pm.

First Review by Rhythm Droid
Rhythm Droid
Rhythm Droid

This place was my home base for a whole week!!

5 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

What would I do without this restaurant? The service was fast, the facility was clean, the prices were great and the food was excellent.
So, there was an English menu, but I'm not sure if everything we included on it. Some of the staff spoke some English, some did not. The ladies at the take-away food section were most smiley than the stoic waiters.
That's just Hong Kong style for you I gues...really intense waiters who just stand there and stare at you while you eat.
Anyway, the main reason for my desire to create a profile and review this place: Their take-away food selection was my saving grace while in Hong Kong. They have 6 or 7 types of veggie meat which are soooo moist and savory. Then there's the dim sum, my personal favorite. About 15 types of small edibles just bursting with flavor, some are more nutrition-driven, and others are straight-up dessert...and boy they are so good, in particular, the mango pudding filled glutinous rice dumpling. This place is a daily stop for me.

Pros: Good selection, English menu, AMAZING dim sum
Cons: Hong Kong style waiters

Dear Owner and Manager of Free and Natural Vegetarian: