Nutritional smoothies and fresh pressed juices bar. Few small tables inside for seating. July 2014 reported no more wraps, just 1 prepared salad. more-less

First Review by kennyp353
Chia
Chia

Fresh pressed juice

4 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and stopped in while walking around in the Castro District, October 2012. Here's my Frapez review.

It's a little smoothies and fresh juice bar that emphasizes on health and also sells several bulk bins items for takeaway (almonds, cashew, goji berries, energy shots). You can customize a juice with the produce that they have. There is also a small food menu that includes salads and wraps.

I got a custom juice with carrot, ginger, celery, and spinach, and it was tasty and inexpensive. A good stop for a juice or smoothie, grab and go or sit at one of the few small tables inside.

kennyp353
kennyp353

Expensive but excellent

5 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2009

Right in the epicentre of San Francisco's gay area at Castro and 18th, between the "bear Starbucks" and Mix bar, this "smoothie spa" caused me a sharp intake of breath at the extremely high prices - $7 to $8 for 16oz, $9 to $10 for 20oz. I ordered a Next Door - "pumpkin seeds, cashews, banana, nutritional yeast, passion flower, carob powder, molasses, dulse, yogurt, orange juice" - and I was like, this had better be the best smoothie I've ever had. Fortunately, it was. By miles. At first I wasn't sure, but as I got into it, I loved it, and soon wished I'd ordered the larger one. There are some terrifying-looking choices on their menu - http://www.frapez.com - here's hoping yours is as excellent as mine.

Pros: exquisite taste, location, cleanliness
Cons: price, closes early

Dear Owner and Manager of Frapez: