Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a vegan tofu frank with a variety of different toppings; has salads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by musacgal
jessgrif
jessgrif

excellent!

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2014

I LOVED my meal here (lawerenceville location)! I asked if the veggie sausage was vegan, the waitress said yes and the proceeded to inform me on what else is vegan.

I got a vegan tofu dog in a wheat bun, Bollywood style (default buns have dairy which is noted on the menu)

A veggie sausage on wheat covered in sauerkraut

The garbanzo bean fries with lemon tahini sauce (VERY lemony)

And a great cocktail (like most restaurants, it's up to you to figure out vegan cocktails with barnivore, they can tell you ingredients in their specialty items though)

Turns out the gravy for poutine is vegan so you could get a vegan poutine with no cheese! (The gravy was delicious, a dining friend ordered it)

Pros: helpful staff, hilarious church theme at the Lawrenceville locati, cocktails
Mikemotorbike
Mikemotorbike

Quick Snack Stop!

2 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

When I first moved here, I called to ask about their food. Like the previous reviewer stated, they told me they had vegan dogs but not buns. So my idea to eat there was shot down. However, I went here on a work lunch and watched my carnist coworkers eat. It's a cool atmosphere and they do have a few things for us. They have chips and they also have a good selection of locally-made soda. If you're a visitor to Pittsburgh, you have to try some of these pops. They're fantastic. So as a vegan, I treat this place as a convenience store more than a restaurant.

Pros: stocks locally-made soda, atmosphere, clean
Cons: non-vegan buns, non-vegan buns, non-vegan buns

Dear Owner and Manager of Franktuary: