Serves meat, veg options available. Will make any of the pizzas vegan, with Daiya cheese. The sauce and dough is already vegan. Also has coconut bliss bars, soy delicous vanilla ice cream, and vegan lasagna with rice noodles and vegan Daiya cheese on top. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Pizza, Non-veg
44951 Ukiah St (Lansing St)
Mendocino, California 95460

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

vegan options

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch when it wasn't crowded at all. The lady behind the counter was very friendly and let us know the vegan options when we asked. She said they can either make no cheese or Daiya cheese pizzas and that the pesto is vegan. We got the Daiya, but had it added sparingly. Our pizza was half pesto and half red sauce (the #3 and #4). The toppings were already just veggies, so it was an easy order. The pizza was ready in 15 minutes as promised. It was good, but nothing special. They were all out of ice cream (both vegan and non-vegan), so we were not able to try any.

Pros: vegan pesto, friendly service
Cons: not all vegan
moretofuplease
moretofuplease

OK Vegan Pizza

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Sign on the front door says they are hiring servers, so perhaps by the time your read this, the service will have improved. I had to wait a long time to order. The kitchen turned around our order quickly, though. We got two small pizzas -- one pesto sauce, one red sauce -- with roasted red peppers, roasted onions, and vegan Daiya cheese. Pesto one also had mushrooms. Server said it would be cheaper to order one medium with half of each sauce, but I liked the separate pizzas, glad I did. Pizza was OK, toppings OK, nothing to rave about. Dining room was cramped, but a little too cold for eating outdoors.

Pros: Vegan sauces, Vegan cheese, Roasted Red Pepper and Onions
Cons: Slow counter service, Small eating area
calivegan46
calivegan46

Good vegan pizza!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

Came here for dinner while on vacation and was happy with the vegan options. In addition to the dough and sauce being vegan, the pesto is also vegan which is a plus! I ordered the pesto pizza with daiya cheese and thought it was tasty. The flavors blending together nicely. I also spotted coconut ice cream on the menu but was too full to indulge in it. Would come back again when I'm in the area.

Veganessss in SF
Veganessss in SF

Good vegan options!

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

Yummy vegan pizza, soup, falafel. Found Frankie's when we biked from the Stanford Inn (a wonderful vegan inn in Mendocino).

Pros: Vegan options!, Yummy
Cons: Serves meat.
Guest
Guest

Good for a non veg place.

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2012

Like most of Mendocino, it can get a bit pricey, but not too bad. Always Vegan options for pizzas, sorbet (it's mainly a pizza and ice cream parlor), tamales, and I am very partial to the Vegan Lasagna(served with a nice organic green salad). Unfortunately, there are no Vegan 'by the slice' options. Though once I walked in at 10 minutes before close and the counter girl told me sorry, orders have to be in at least 20 minutes before close. I lamented, then the owner popped his head out, "what did you want" - "Vegan Lasagna" i replied. "oh, yeah, we'll always do Veg late" he says. - Awesome.
The owners are big in the local community garden and serious about organics and healthy....Also have local musicians many nights of the week, and serve beer and wine.

Pros: Good vegan options, Independent, Nice ambience
Cons: teeny bit pricey, no Vegan individual slices
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

wow, so glad to read the other reviews, I was just

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

I just used to go here for the ice cream and root beer floats, so awesome to know they have vegan pizza now, too! Frankie's is a great old fashion type ice cream and pizza parlor. We usually hit up Frankie's around lunch, it can get crowded, too.

Pros: rootbeer floats
seb9229
seb9229

Great local place and inexpensive

Posted on 12 / 26 / 2011

We went to Frankie's in November. That day they were also serving Vegan Lentil Soup, which was great for a cold day. Both I and a vegan friend were able to choose from many options.

kimward8
kimward8

Vegan Pesto Pizza

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2011

Great place, I'm glad we found it in Mendocino when staying at the Stanford Inn, as the vegan Ravens restaurant there doesn't do lunch. The pesto sauce for their pizzas is vegan as well as their regular sauce and dough and is delicious. You can order any of their pizzas vegan style with daiya cheese. It's a nice break from the healthy food at Ravens, and it's also a nice break for any non-vegan relatives who you've convinced to stay with you at the Stanford Inn!

Dear Owner and Manager of Frankie's: