Aka The FrankenStand, a spooky-theme mobile vegan hot dog stand that moves from event to event in the Greater Los Angeles area - check its website. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by nrgy
pgnlvr22b
pgnlvr22b

Amazing, Spectacular,Love!

5 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

Find where they are and go now, you won't be sorry. Vegan hotdogs and sausages with tons of toppings available. To top it all off they support The Gentle Barn, how much more amazing can you get

Pros: Variety , Quality, Run by AMAZING people
Colinski
Colinski

Vegan hot dog cart!

4 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2011

I love everything about Franken's. Great vegan sausages served from a classic cart with a huge condiment selection. I like to get the "Franken" (Italian sausage) and the "Wolf" (chipotle frank) if I'm having a meal.

EDIT: Franken's no longer has "The Wolf" as his supplier has discontinued them. Instead he has what I think is called "The Vamp" which is a regular hot-dog-style vegan frank. Still pretty good. Last time I hit up Franken's I got one of each and was very happy. Make sure you take advantage of the home-made cole slaw!

Note that you must track the cart down, and he doesn't operate on any consistent schedule. Franken's updates on Facebook (under the name "Frank Enstand") and Twitter (@TheFrankenStand) so you can track him down.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 21, 2010

Pros: Vegan hot dog cart!!!!, Great style
Cons: Limited availability
Guest
Guest

Great theme, amazing food, and very clean

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

I had Frankenstand for the first time at the L.A. Vegan Beer Fest, and it was amazing! Awesome theme, great dog, perfect bun (not soggy), and the cart was immaculate with a well stocked and varied condiment selection. I'll definitely be grabbing another one next time I see them.

Pros: Awesome costumes, Great food, Super clean

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Steamed perfection!

5 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2009

I have teamed with the Frankenstand to cater my monthly Vegan Drinks meetups twice and both times have been outstanding. Follow their location updates on their myspace page to see where they are setting up next. They steam the veg dogs to perfection. I highly recommend the wolf. The condiment bar and sauces are OUTSTANDING. Cilantro definitely adds a class touch.

Pros: steamed, toppings, low price
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Awesome franks!

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2009

We attended the Animal Acres' Compassionate Cuisine event last night and we were finally able to try Frankenstand. We been wanting to forever and the wait was worth it. Since it was a food event, the franks were cut in thirds as samples, but that allowed us to go back many times and try different topping combinations. So tasty. Mainly they served the "witch" (Tofurky beer brat), but as they were closing up at the end of the night, Dirk got a whole "franken" one (Tofurky Italian). The steaming process really does make them taste better, so we're giving it 5 stars since this is so unique (mobile vegan food cart) and it's right up Dirk's alley of favorite foods. We are definitely gonna track them down at some event in the future.

Pros: lots of toppings, steamed franks, mobile vegan food cart
nrgy
nrgy

LOVE LOVE!!!

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2009

I love franken's! I had been trying to track them down and by chance we spotted them at the Downtown Art Walk. Finally I could enjoy a yummy hot dog walking down the streets of LA like the rest of the people around me. It was very good & they had a large variety of toppings. Check them out!

Dear Owner and Manager of Franken's - Mobile Cart: