Franco Ristorante

Serves meat, veg options available. A family friendly Italian food restaurant that offers Daiya brand vegan cheese for pizza and dinner entrees in place of dairy cheese, made to order. Gluten free pizza, pasta, and beer also available. Try the broccoli rabe saute in garlic and olive oil. Has wi-fi and Italian music played in the background. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by veggiegirl65
Aspen8
Aspen8

Deserves Credit for Being Inclusive

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

My husband and I found pizza to be really hard to give up when we went vegan. The cheese-less kind can get old fast. It was wonderful to discover that Franco's offered vegan cheese pizza and pasta dishes made with vegan cheese. I personally only like a *little* of the vegan cheese on it because I think it can get overwhelming so I ask them to keep it light. But my husband doesn't necessarily agree. Regardless, I'm grateful to have a pizza option in my back yard and think the owners deserve credit for trying to accommodate ALL of their customers. Just make sure you ask, if you order pasta, if the pasta has egg in it. Great place to go with non-vegan friends. For dessert, go up the street to the Artisan's Cafe. They have vegan sorbet and usually at least 1 kind of vegan pastry. And they'll make you a soy latte to boot.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Convenience
Cons: No vegan dessert options
veggiegirl65
veggiegirl65

Okay Food

3 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2013

This is a quaint Italian restaurant right on the main drag in Phoenixville. I went on a week night, so there were only about 2 other people there. My wait person was very friendly and accommodating. I notice they spelled Daiya cheese as Daiga on the menu, making me wonder how Vegan-knowledgeable they were. I ordered a spinach, broccoli and tomato pizza and it did come with Daiya cheese on it. It was good. Not really a vegan restaurant, but I would recommend it if your non-vegan friends wanted to go somewhere, and you wanted to go with them and have one or two things you could eat.

Pros: Inexpensive, Conveniently located, Friendly
Cons: Only one or two vegan dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Franco Ristorante: