Vegan guesthouse. more-less

Lesley Anne Jeavons
Lesley Anne Jeavons

Home from home

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

We spent a weekend here last month and the family couldn't have been friendlier. My husband quizzed them at length about walks, and kayaks and bikes and blah blah and they didn't get sick of him. ;-)
Lovely choice of cooked breakfasts or usual cereal and fruit etc and optional 3 course evening meals (with a choice of two starters and desserts), which were lovely to go 'home' to.
My husband doesn't refer to the B&B by name, he just talks about 'Sylvia and Chris's'. :-)
We don't have many holidays but definitely intent to visit again and again.

Pros: Completely vegan, inc toiletries, Evening meals, Warm and friendly
Cons: 10 min drive from Windermere
1066CakeStand
1066CakeStand

More than a B&B

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

Just spent 5 nights at Fox Hall and had a great time.
Room was super cosy and comfortable and full of useful things like a hairdryer and a Telly plus tonnes of local leaflets, bus timetables and so on.
Comfortable guest lounge. Really helpful walk information- the owners know the area and have walk sheets & maps and other info. They were always willing to stop and chat and give extra information about local sights.
Breakfasts great and the optional dinners were delicious. 3 courses for £15, choice of soft drinks.
Amazing views of South Lake District and great for walking.

Pros: Great Evening meals, Extensive local knowledge
Cons: Could get very fat!
bananaman
bananaman

Vegan Banquet

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

The stables have a modest look from the outside. Inside is very clean with no frills. I immediately felt relaxed and at home there. For me the main selling point is the fresh and rather huge vegan banquet presented to us as an evening meal. Bowls of veg to share. Home made crumble. Absolutely loved it. Great value too.

Pros: Value, Big Portions, Friendly

Sunny uk
Sunny uk

Lovely vegan guest house

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

My husband and I found this vegan B&B on happy cow before we were on the trip to lake district. We are so glad that we decided to stay in this vegan place. The house is cosy and comfortable. The room is very clean with fresh flowers picked from the garden. Good selection and big portion for breakfast. Home made dinner suits those who like natural and original taste. Owners are friendly and helpful long term vegans. Price is very reasonable for what you got. Definitely recommend it to friends.

Caryne
Caryne

Amazing vegan guesthouse with delicious food

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2011

We really cannot recommend this place highly enough. The rooms are gorgeous, very relaxing and spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are also very nicely decorated with vegan toiletries (Faith in Nature) provided. The owners, Sylvia and Chris, are really friendly and the food is just delicious. All vegan and what a choice, I just didn't know where to start but, if you stay for the optional evening meal, I have to recommend the Cherry Trifle, just like granny used to make. The portions for all meals are huge and after having breakfast you really do not need a lunch though they will make up a packed lunch, for a small extra payment, if needed (we didn't). The location is superb, just minutes from Kendal and only a short drive from Windermere, Bowness etc. If you are a vegetarian/vegan or just love good food don't miss this place. We will definitely be back.

Pros: Vegan, Huge Portions, Friendly and helpful owners
  • Caryne Caryne

In the interest of clarifacation, I should point out then when I say 'minutes from Kendal', I mean by car, it would take considerably longer to walk.

Dear Owner and Manager of Fox Hall Vegan B and B: