Reported menu became all-veg in 2009 then all-vegan in Apr 2015. Casual setting. Offers a changing menu with items like quiche, frittata, soups, stews, and cakes. Ask about discount for students and veg society members. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, English, British, Take-out

Adele17
Adele17

Best Vegan Food Ever!!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2014

Absolutely delicious food, I can't pick a favourite, vegan sausage rolls, vegan hot dog, VLT, vegan lasagne and so much more to choose! Also the oat berry smoothie is excellent and really good value as it's all fresh.
Wish I had a Fortify Cafe in my area.

Pros: Value, near Maidstone West station, Cosy and warm
Cons: Need one in Tonbridge
LSKY
LSKY

Great little place serving good quality, homemade food!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Good quality, nutritious food, very nice falafel burger, homemade cakes, friendly staff!

Pros: Homemade, Vegan options, Friendly staff
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Recommended

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

As a resident of Maidstone, it's great to have a vegan place in the town centre. The food is always good, very tasty. The sandwiches are very substantial and are good value for the price.

The menu changes regularly and always has new and interesting twists on vegan food (like the vegan Doner Kebab). Overall, I would recommend it.

Pros: Food is good quality, Location
Cons: Service sometimes a bit slow if busy, Mains are a bit pricey

Henrythedog2
Henrythedog2

nice lunch

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

Very nice cauliflower, broccoli.ginger & peanut stew served with soda bread & butter
Pot of green tea
Oat and date cake
Approx £10
Person serving not very accommodating or friendly but give the benefit of doubt as she was foreign or just shy
Pleasant enough decor and toilet clean.
If it was just a bit more friendly would be five stars, but as stated might have just been in on a bad day, unfortunately the day I'm reviewing

AmandaBeatty
AmandaBeatty

Fortify Cafe. The place to be!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

An excellent place to be.
The food is wonderful and so much to choose from and many more vegans options are on the way, I can't wait.
They don't seem to mind if you want to vary the meals slightly either. In many cases they offer gluten free and nut free options as well as most vegetarian meals that can be made vegan. They really do cater for everyone.
I like how some meals are suited to what fruit/veg is available for the season.
I have never had a complaint in all the times I have visited Fortify Cafe.
The staff are helpful and friendly. They make everyone feel welcome.
Thank you for a wonderful service.

Pros: Many vegan options., Quality food.., Friendly atmosphere.
flossiema
flossiema

Fortify Cafe

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

Have visited about 10 times in past year. Initially was very good value for money but in last 6 months not so much variety..(no more beetroot burgers :( and falafel burgers are nothing special) portions have decreased and prices have increased...real shame.

Pros: friendly staff, near to my workplace
Cons: small portions, expensive, not much variety
  • Fortify Cafe Fortify Cafe

Hello,
    Thanks for your review. Hope you didn't miss the return of the beetroot burgers last Oct!? We're a little surprised that you don't think the the falafel burgers are anything special - customer feedback tells us that they should be on the menu permanently. We now also have the largest menu choice we've ever had (breakfasts x5,sandwiches x5, panini x5, toasties x6, a daily stew, a daily soup, x5 mains, x3 salads, usually x10 different cakes). Our prices now start from 3.75 for a sandwich to 7.95 for the puy lentil lasagne with salad (eat in prices). We feel this is reasonable and any price increases we've made have been necessary and only in line with our running costs.
    Our menu is available on the cafe website.
    Best regards,