Reported menu became all-veg in 2009 then all-vegan in Apr 2015. Casual setting. Offers a changing menu with items like quiche, frittata, soups, stews, and cakes. Ask about discount for students and veg society members. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Take-out, British, English
Now Open

Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm

First Review by AmandaBeatty
bobster151
bobster151

Lovely to have a vegan eatery of such quality.

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2015

I have been here to eat many times and the food is always amazing. It is only a small place but it is very popular and I'm hoping they will be able to open more places soon.

I highly recommend the sandwiches, especially the seitan ones.

Pros: Wonderful food, Friendly staff
Cons: It's a bit small...
guillehdezp
guillehdezp

Fortify is the place to be.

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2015

LOVE everything on the menu. So so so good and so glad they went 100% vegan over the last year.

Kalicet
Kalicet

vegan heaven

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2015

How nice it is to be able to go somewhere and choose anything from the menu.
The food is just amazing, the staff friendly and it is a lovely place to eat.

Pros: Lots of vegan food, takeaway, friendly atmosphere

Marie88
Marie88

everything about this place is amazing

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2015

So I found myself in the South East wanting a vegan meal. I checked out happy cow and Fortify Cafe was the only place that popped up, so off I went. The place is casual and friendly. Despite the place being packed I was still made welcome. The staff where friendly and helpful. They have a large and Varied menu. I ordered the lasagna which was so yummy and came with the most epic salad! They also have a wide selection of cakes! I couldn't resist and went for the chocolate and Stout cake which was unusual but super tasty. I highly recommend this cafe and I will be back.

Pros: wide menu, choice of non dairy milks
Cons: it's so far from my home
flossiema
flossiema

Fortify Cafe

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2015

Have visited lots of times in past year and so grateful it is now vegan and there is so much choice.. Everything tastes wonderful... I cannot pick a favourite meal, cake or drink.. Everything is fantastic... The chef is a star! Also great is that there is a vegan pop up one evening a month now x

Pros: friendly staff, So much variety, Excellent value for money
    Fortify Cafe

Hello,
    Thanks for your review. Hope you didn't miss the return of the beetroot burgers last Oct!? We're a little surprised that you don't think the the falafel burgers are anything special - customer feedback tells us that they should be on the menu permanently. We now also have the largest menu choice we've ever had (breakfasts x5,sandwiches x5, panini x5, toasties x6, a daily stew, a daily soup, x5 mains, x3 salads, usually x10 different cakes). Our prices now start from 3.75 for a sandwich to 7.95 for the puy lentil lasagne with salad (eat in prices). We feel this is reasonable and any price increases we've made have been necessary and only in line with our running costs.
    Our menu is available on the cafe website.
    Best regards,
    James - Owner

Adele17
Adele17

Best Vegan Food Ever!!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2014

Absolutely delicious food, I can't pick a favourite, vegan sausage rolls, vegan hot dog, VLT, vegan lasagne and so much more to choose! Also the oat berry smoothie is excellent and really good value as it's all fresh.
Wish I had a Fortify Cafe in my area.

Pros: Value, near Maidstone West station, Cosy and warm
Cons: Need one in Tonbridge
LSKY
LSKY

Great little place serving good quality, homemade food!

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

Good quality, nutritious food, very nice falafel burger, homemade cakes, friendly staff!

Pros: Homemade, Vegan options, Friendly staff
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Recommended

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

As a resident of Maidstone, it's great to have a vegan place in the town centre. The food is always good, very tasty. The sandwiches are very substantial and are good value for the price.

The menu changes regularly and always has new and interesting twists on vegan food (like the vegan Doner Kebab). Overall, I would recommend it.

Pros: Food is good quality, Location
Cons: Service sometimes a bit slow if busy, Mains are a bit pricey
Henrythedog2
Henrythedog2

nice lunch

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

Very nice cauliflower, broccoli.ginger & peanut stew served with soda bread & butter
Pot of green tea
Oat and date cake
Approx £10
Person serving not very accommodating or friendly but give the benefit of doubt as she was foreign or just shy
Pleasant enough decor and toilet clean.
If it was just a bit more friendly would be five stars, but as stated might have just been in on a bad day, unfortunately the day I'm reviewing

AmandaBeatty
AmandaBeatty

Fortify Cafe. The place to be!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

An excellent place to be.
The food is wonderful and so much to choose from and many more vegans options are on the way, I can't wait.
They don't seem to mind if you want to vary the meals slightly either. In many cases they offer gluten free and nut free options as well as most vegetarian meals that can be made vegan. They really do cater for everyone.
I like how some meals are suited to what fruit/veg is available for the season.
I have never had a complaint in all the times I have visited Fortify Cafe.
The staff are helpful and friendly. They make everyone feel welcome.
Thank you for a wonderful service.

Pros: Many vegan options., Quality food.., Friendly atmosphere.

Dear Owner and Manager of Fortify Cafe: