Offers Hong Kong style veg breakfast and lunch. 2015 be warned that reports states fish is cooked in the kitchen for staff break consumption at the dining tables. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out

Stevie
Stevie

Fook Luk Sau, Hong Kong

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2015

I was in here recently as one of the last customers on a Saturday afternoon. The staff started clearing away etc. Just as I was leaving to see a member of staff came out of the kitchen with a plateful of food to eat on a seat outside. I was surprised to see that his meal of choice was a fish. I don't mean some sort of mock meat or a piece of taro in batter shaped like a fish that us very popular here. It was unmistakeably a fish complete with head, gills, fins etc.

I question whether that means that is a genuinely 100% vegetarian restaurant. The customer menu may be all vegetarian. The kitchen certainly doesn't appear to be all vegetarian.

Updated from previous review on Saturday August 30, 2014

I have to go along with everything everyone else has said to far about this place. Quick, tasty and bargain priced.

The staff didn't seem to speak any English when I was trying to ask for no eggs. Another customer intervened and all was taken care of. 31 buck HK for that meal today in central HK is a great deal for anyone on a budget or otherwise.

Pros: Inexpensive, Quick service
Cons: Staff cook fish in the kitchen
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Great value

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2014

We almost didn't eat here on a recent vacation because we weren't sure we had the right place. It's located in an alley with some other establishments and there is no English anywhere. Luckily we had the advice of the previous reviewer and noticed that there were plates of food displayed outside with numbers attached. You could order 2 or 3 dishes. So we joined the large queue and pointed to a few dishes when it was our turn and paid the $25 HKD each. She gave us our order number and we watched the dishes being bagged so we'd know when our number was called. The food was pretty good; lots of tofu, veggies and rice plus a decent soup. A great value for so little money! I would definitely recommend this place. Once we figured out how to order we felt a bit like locals!

Pros: huge portions, great value, vegan options
Cons: no English, crowded
sfvoyage
sfvoyage

Dependable, tasty, and inexpensive

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

I've been coming here since the 90's and am so glad that it is still in business. Ate here a couple of times last week, and everything is the same.

You order 2 items from their list of 12 or so (changes daily), and you help yourself to unlimited steamed rice, noodles, soup, and dessert soup. All this for HK$31. (Take out is $25 with rice and choice of 3 items plus soup only.)

The food is always good but nothing remarkable: dependable Chinese vegetarian cafeteria food. It gets packed at lunch time, so you'll be sharing tables with cramped quarters.

Blue Cloud
Blue Cloud

Fast yummy food

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2011

Great place to get lovely veg food on the go! Although the seating was very compressed, a great variety of food at cheap prices is very attractive. Can try different things each day.
Not a place to stay and talk though - very busy.

Pros: Great choice of food, Really good value, Big portions
Cons: Limited seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Fook Luk Sau: