Little independent health food store located in a small shopping plaza midway between the 10 freeway & Pico Blvd. Look for the sign "Discount Health Food." Stocks a good selection of nutritional supplements and vitamins with competitive prices. Plus there's a small stock of packaged dried as well as refrigerated vegetarian and vegan suitable foodstuff. You can find Worthington and Loma Linda brands of veggie meats here. No fresh produce. more-less

First Review by Chia
Chia
Chia

Little surprises inside

4 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2012

I've driven by this time many times, but I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it was just a little vitamins shop. So I decided to stop in, and I was delightfully pleased.

The owners of Foods of Nature are a nice elder couple. The man told me that they offer very competitive prices on their nutritional supplements and natural vitamins, and that's how they are able to compete with the large chain stores (like Whole Foods Market and other national vitamin stores).

In the packaged food isles I found a few different kinds of chips that I hadn't seen at my local co-op market. A different brand of veggie chips (very delish), one cassava chips, and a beet & sweet potato combination. I also bought a cereal that's not carried by my local co-op.

The foodstuff prices are higher than at the larger market, which is understandable. I'm happy to shop at an independent mom-and-pop store like this.

I noticed that this store carries cans and frozen Worthington and Loma Linda brands of veggie meats, which are not available at Whole Foods or my co-op market.

I will be back for more chips.

Dear Owner and Manager of Foods of Nature: