Large natural food market with deli, operating since 2010. Stocks fresh organic produce, vitamins and supplements, vegetarian-friendly products, clothing, and much more. more-less

First Review by Veggiechiliqueen
suzzzeq
suzzzeq

High Prices

1 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2012

This store has some of the highest prices I have ever seen. I walked in once, shopped around looking at prices and walked out. I went to Better Health Food to shop. Even though their prices are high also, they do not compare to this. I never returned to this store because I was offended by the prices they expected people to pay.

Pros: None
Cons: High Prices
lauriesny
lauriesny

Wonderful Variety

5 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2007

This store is beautiful. It has lots of variety with organic produce, a large section of take out foods, lots of frozen items. Helpful staff.

Pros: lots of stuff, lovely store, clean
Cons: moderately expensive, no cafe
Veggiechiliqueen
Veggiechiliqueen

A real lifesaver for vegetarians and vegans at MSU

5 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2007

I was a graduate student at Michigan State University for two years, and as a vegan, there were little to no on-campus dining options, save for the ubiquitous salad bar.

Enter Foods for Living. I staked out this gem my first week in East Lansing last year. A sort of scaled-down Whole Foods Market, Foods for Living offers organic, vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan foods, including boxed mixes, baking supplies, organic produce, soy, rice, and nut milks, a refrigerated section with vegan cheeze and cream cheeze, international foods, frozen dinners, and household products. Vegetarian and vegan products from local restaurants are also featured. There is an expansive bulk aisle with an assortment of trail mixes, dried fruits, nuts and nut butters, and vegan treats. Occasionally, local live music is provided, making the shopping experience more pleasant than usual.

Although a little on the pricy side, but well worth it for the selection and quality, Foods for Living has been a literal lifesaver in the two years I've spent at MSU.

Pros: Helpful staff, Special orders, Good selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Foods for Living: