Food Village Vegetarian

Vegetarian restaurant serves economy rice with a lot of vegetable options like french beans, bean sprouts, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower. Plenty of vegan options. Located in NUH Food Village Food Court. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese
5 Lower Kent Ridge Road
West Singapore, Singapore 119074
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by devilry
devilry
devilry

A LOT of vegetable options

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

You would think that vegetarian economy rice stalls tend to have more vegetables in general than non-vegetarian ones. I don't know why, but this is rarely true. They have a huge assortment of fake meats, but skip out on a lot of valuable veggie sources of protein, iron and calcium.

Not this stall. This stall is the real deal for the health-concious vegetarian like me, who prefers to cut down on processed soy and go with all the goodness that vegetables have to offer. Protein comes from bean sprouts, broccoli and french beans. Iron from spinach and peas. This stall has all the chinese vegetables you could want, and they taste good. I LOVE the crunchy texture of the broccoli.

I would definitely stop by this place if I am in the area. I love it when I'm not hard-pressed for nutritious vegetarian options.

Pros: A lot of veggie options, Cheap, Beside a fruit stall
Cons: Not a lot of fake meat (if you want it)

Dear Owner and Manager of Food Village Vegetarian: