CLOSED: Food For Thought

Wichita's oldest and largest natural foods market. Organic produce, vitamins,cosmetics, books. Delish deli serves vegan and raw options on the menu. Check the website for more information. SHUT DOWN JAN 2014 CONFIRMED BY ITS FACEBOOK. more-less
2929 E Central (Hillside)
Wichita, Kansas 67214
316-683-6078

Open Mon-Fri 09.00-18.30, Sat 09.00-17.30.

First Review by Her Dotness
Kimberly10jason
Kimberly10jason

Great store & deli

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

I eat at Delish Deli & shop in the store frequently. I am so thankful they're here in Wichita b/c I get most of my groceries & other necessities here. If you haven't been in, you need to, it's great!

Pros: Variety, Vegan friendly, Deli
Cons: Wish they were open later
kishaks
kishaks

Delist Deli

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

100% pleased with everything I've gotten at the Delish Deli! Their raw food is amazing, they serve the World's Best Veggie Burger(my fav from Local Burger in Lawrence), and they have a great selection of smoothies. The staff is very accommodating and some of the most friendly people I have ever met. I can't always make it in before the deli closes, but as long as I call in my order before they close they will make it and hold it for me.
I've also found things in their frozen section that I can't find back home. I also highly recommend checking theIr clearance and sale items, you'll find some great deals!

Pros: Great, healthy raw food, Amazing staff, Wide variety of vegan frozen foods
Cons: Limited hours
gbee
gbee

love this place!

5 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2012

I shop here every other week. Staff is super friendly. Lots of vegan specialty items! Great selection of stuff I can't find anywhere else. Prices are way reasonable- yes, vitamins and some items may be more because it is a small local store, but I find many items are cheaper than Dillons too. The bulk section is wonderful. It is a great place to shop!

Pros: friendly staff, reasonable prices, lots of specialty vegan stuff
Cons: small produce section
msdrpepper
msdrpepper

A great place to shop, but limited hours...

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

Food 4 Thought has been around close to or maybe more than 30 years, and has expanded over time. Back then, it was the greatest place for me. Now, with Whole Foods Association expanding their Normandy Square location, finished building a new place way out west (21st & Maize) and moving and then expanding their location near 21st & Amidon, plus the addition of Green Acres Market & Deli, Wichita has a lot of nice choices for gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and other healthy lifestyles across the city. So, I don't get out to Food 4 Thought very often. And it is closed on Sundays, which is not the case with Green Acres and Whole Foods, so those hours are kind of odd and limiting for me - making me have to juggle other errands to make it down here. Food 4 Thought probably has the BEST selection of frozen foods and of bulk herbs (sack them yourself). I miss the little deli that they used to have back oh, probably 15 years or so ago. For many years, they were the only source of King Arthur Flours, before one of the local grocery chains began carrying it, and I believe they still carry a larger selection of individual KAF products (more varieties of flours etc.). So anyway, each of the stores have their own little "niche" and so they can all be supported. Oh before I forget, I believe FFT also has one of the larger selections of health & beauty items that are vegan friendly or non-tested on animals etc.

Pros: Frozen Foods, Bulk Goods, Selection of Fresh Foods
Cons: Closed on Sunday, need better website
ochibawolf
ochibawolf

My favorite place to shop for Vegan food

4 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2009

This is my absolute favorite place to shop. They always have the most unique gifts, great vegan mock meats, and the best selection in town for vegan frozen items. The staff is so friendly and always there to help you find something your looking for. FFT has daily samples of various foods, and they even have events(check their newsletter). If you are a veggie, you MUST stop here, but don't expect a huge fresh produce area, theirs is very limited. Large selection of bulk binned items. If you stop in, I suggest you buy a box of frozen vegan taquitos. They are the best!

Pros: Many frozen vegan items, many bulk bins, daily samples
Cons: small produce section, some items over priced, limited space
  • LeeAnn LeeAnn

I am a mom of 5 and trying to buy organic healthy foods for my family. We don't have much money and in fact we are using food stamps. Do you know of any organic places in or near Wichita that will take food stamps? I am willing to drive a reasonable distance.

newbie
newbie

It's a start

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2008

I like this store. However, being a new vegan, I found it hard to find things. this is the closest store to me. I would like to see more choices in our area.

Pros: clean, friendly, lots of products
Her Dotness
Her Dotness

Wichita's veg*n "Superstore"

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2007

Food For Thought has absolutely the best gluten-free selection in the city. On the whole, the store offers a wider selection of products than does any other health food store in town. I wish that some areas of the store (the spices and bulk foods sections) weren't so dimly lit, but otherwise, this is a store that should meet just about anyone's natural foods needs. By far the widest selection of cleaning products and personal care/cosmetics in the city. Staff are friendly, helpful and informative. Produce section is much better than it once was but still lacks the variety of Green Acres Market's. FFT nevertheless is an "old reliable" as far as natural foods stores in Wichita.

Pros: Wide selection, Best for pers. care, Central location

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Food For Thought: