Vegan ice cream place opened in May 2012. Flavors range from Neopolitan to Thai peanut and avocado and all have a coconut milk base. Offers cups and cones. Soft serve will be available; check with them. All flavors are also sold in pints ($6.95) or as frappes ($5.50). more-less

First Review by area51alienbabe
Babette
Babette

I'm in love!

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

I've tried quite a few commercial vegan ice creams, and FoMu's is far superior.

I had the salted caramel and strawberry flavors, which were all fabulous.

Pros: Amazing flavors and quality, Friendly staff, Near other vegan restaurants
Cons: Far from downtown Boston
Alliz
Alliz

Bourbon Walnut Ice Cream

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

5 stars for portion size for $
4 stars for customer service

Not a huge sweet fan, nor eating ice cream when it is 31oF outside, but this WAS delicious. Full of variety and flavors that work, I was able to enjoy a small FoMu ice cream and still take my leftovers home to freeze.

FoMu is the perfect place to stop after a vegan dinner at Grasshopper (just next door).

Pros: Value for $ and quality, Variety , Flavors that work!
Cons: Customer Service, Not a cosy/comfortable environment
Skunky66613
Skunky66613

You Can't Tell It's Vegan!

4 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

This ice cream is YUMMY! You can't even tell it's vegan (only the uppity vegans will whinge about it but what can you do, that's who they are?!!). It's a fun and welcoming little place and the staff have always been extra friendly to me.

Pros: Yummy & doesn't taste vegan, Cute atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: No milk, Music sometimes too loud
futurefossils
futurefossils

BEST VEGAN ICE CREAM

5 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

I make excuses to go to Allston just to make a trip to FoMu. They have the best ice cream I have ever had. I was able to try avocado ice cream there for the first time, it was surprisingly delicious. They have unique flavors and a lot of options, they're all amazing.

CoreyKempton
CoreyKempton

Love FoMu!

5 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Our family loves FoMu! Parking can be tough, especially if you don't have "permit" parking.

Pros: vegan ice cream!
Cons: parking
RuthLess
RuthLess

Scrumdiddlyumpous

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2013

Mostly coconut based vegan ice cream. In some of the flavors the coconut flavor is more apparent, but I really didn't find it to be a problem as the consistency is is that of "real" ice cream. They have a bunch of traditional flavors, as well as, some for the more adventuresome ( Avocado, Thai Chili Peanut, Honey Lavender, & Cardamon Pistachio) Really great find and yes they will let you try the flavors before deciding :)

vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Cute Vegan Sundae Bar!

5 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

So happy to stumble across this vegan ice cream sundae bar! They had a HUGE range of ice cream flavours - all the favourites (Vanilla Bean, Chocolate), plus lots of creative and yummy ones (Pistachio, Mango Chili..)

You can get all kinds of delicious toppings and sauces (vegan cream and hot fudge!). They also serve coffee and other sweet treats. It was hard not to try everything!

Overall, a really great experience - we'll definitely be back next time we're in Boston. Highly recommend going here.

Pros: Sundae bar!, large variety of ice cream flavours, delicious & vegan
pinkbubble
pinkbubble

decent

3 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2013

Good place for ice cream. I don't like the coconut based ones as they taste too much like coconut-y but they usually have a nut based one. It's a better place (for me) to stop in for a baked good or cup of hot chocolate. I wish they had soft serve year round!

Pros: great hot drinks, good vegan baked goods, great soft serve
Cons: soft serve not year round, coconut can be overpowering
veganamanda
veganamanda

Pretty good, bad location

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2012

I stopped in shortly after it opened for my birthday. They had many flavors, and let you try as many as you like. The cake batter just tasted like coconut, but I got the salted caramel which was good, although a strange consistency. My friend got the cookies and cream which was good. THey have lots of vegan topping you can try too. There were college kids working, although friendly, they weren't super professional...but I guess you would get that any any ice cream place. I would stop by again, but the place is just so inconvenient to get to!

Pros: vegan ice cream!, vegan toppings, decor
Cons: location, parking
area51alienbabe
area51alienbabe

Vegan Ice Cream - Need I say more?

5 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2012

This place is AMAZING. After being vegan for 4 years, I have gone 4 years without going out for ice cream, as there is no place around that has vegan options. I went to FoMu today expecting to maybe get a bowl of chocolate or vanilla ice cream... not a chance! There were too many other amazing flavors to choose from. Our server was EXTREMELY patient and let us try just about every flavor that we wanted as we were extremely overwhelmed with the incredible selection: Salted Caramel, Thai Peanut, Cardamom Pistacio, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Hazelnut and the list goes on. Each flavor was better than the one before it too! The carrot cake had GIANT chunks of cake in it, which I'd never even seen in an ice cream before, vegan or not.

This place isn't good for a vegan ice cream parlor, it's amazing for an ice cream place in general, and I can't recommend it enough!

Pros: Variety of Flavors, Knowledgeable and Patient Staff, Best Ice Cream I've ever had!
Cons: Parking is tough, but worth the walk

Dear Owner and Manager of FoMu: