Serves meat, veg options available. This hipster style diner offers several vegan and vegetarian options and is a recommended restaurant on several Chicago vegan lists. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
Sjstevens23
Sjstevens23

Eh.

2 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2013

I have gotten sick every time I've eaten at Flying Saucer. I kept giving it chances!! But no more. Yikes.

Pros: tastes good
Cons: makes me sick
stretchwithgumby
stretchwithgumby

Great Atmosphere, Uneven Food!

4 Posted on 04 / 11 / 2013

As others have pointed out, this is a hipster haven and although I am not a hipster, I love to come here to sit and write while nibbling on breakfast or lunch. Certain of their items are truly top-notch -- the vegetarian/vegan chili, for example, or their home-made granola come to mind. On the other hand, some of their sandwiches are a bit lackluster. My biggest gripe is the fact that their green salad is obviously from a package, and they don't bother to remove the few wilted or wet pieces of lettuce that invariably are present. The coffee is Metropolis roasted to a somewhat burnt taste. There is usually parking on the street nearby. Overall, I consider this place a mainstay and would recommend it to couples for a weekend brunch -- but find your own favorites and stick to them!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Hipster Diner

3 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

Flying Saucer is a hipster style diner. I ate here a while back and wasn't a huge fan, but recently I've noticed they've had quite a few review great reviews - so I shall return (and an update will surely follow).

I had the 'tofu sweet potato hash' and thought it was just OK - I hate sweet potatoes and they said they'd switch them with regular but never did, so this is proabably why I didn't like it. They have a ton of other vegan options on the menu, so I'll likely try some of the other things.

Dear Owner and Manager of Flying Saucer: