Flying Apron Bakery

Vegan, gluten-free bakery that also offers lunch and dinner food including soups, salads, vegetable pockets, and sometimes shepherd's pie. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by kindlizard
PeaceLoveVeggies
PeaceLoveVeggies

great place to eat!

4 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

This place is great and I always stop in whenever I'm in Redmond visiting friends or family. For one thing, they have good baked goods. Well, okay baked goods. Not the best vegan desserts I've had. They are a bit dense, dry, and not very sweet. They could stand to be fluffier, moister, and sweeter. But I really don't go in there for the baked goods anyways, ironically enough. The food is really good! The macaroni and chez is pretty amazing and I get a craving for it quite often. Their little personal veggie pizza is good too. And my fiancé likes the lasagna. Yeah, its all refrigerated in a cold case right in front of you and obviously taken out and heated up. So definitely not fresh. But it's good, and quick, if you're in the area and need a bite to eat!

Pros: good lunch/snack foods, warm vibe, board gamess, open mic nites, friendly service
Cons: baked goods/desserts not best, food not prepared fresh (reheated)
thefabster
thefabster

Finally! Great-tasting vegan food, on the eastside

5 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2013

This was my first visit to Flying Apron. I was there for lunch with two friends. I can safely say all three of use were quite satisfied with our visit.
This place is officially a bakery, and understandably, their baked goods selection is much larger. However, they also had a pretty decent set of choices for lunch items in their menu.
I had a cup of the broccoli soup, and a small kale salad on the side. The soup was pretty delicious, thick and very filling. I could have done without the salad. They also have bowl-size soup portions, for the greater appetite.
The salad was very fresh, with just perfect amount of dressing.
I took my dessert to go, which I later enjoyed thoroughly back at the office. It was the banana nut muffin. Perfect consistency. Moist and loaded with walnuts and chocolate chips.
The sitting area may look limited, but I think it's all related to the the larger, family-style tables and chairs, which actually make it feel cozier. They use real silverware and dinnerware.
Prices are a bit steep, but I suppose that's to be expected, considering the quality, freshness and variety of their goods. I'd say their food is totally worth it.
The staff was friendly and prompt. Overall, no complains at all on my first visit here. Quite the contrary, I highly recommend this place to all fellow vegetarians and vegans on the eastside :)

Pros: Delicious food, Cozy atmosphere, Location
Cons: A bit on the expensive side
cindy_seattle
cindy_seattle

My latest vegan discovery!

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

Gluten-free has now been added to my dietary restrictions, although I'm delighted to say I've found another excellent restaurant to add to my favorites! My husband has not taken the plunge into the non-meat eating world. Finding a variety of places to eat together is not easy. Flying Apron was recommended to me by a friend of mine, so I talked hubby into driving north to try it out. Of course, I have nothing but good things to say about the place. You might be surprised to hear what my hubby had to say:

"My wife is vegan, although I eat what you might call normal food! I was surprised at the good quality and good taste of food at Flying Apron. Chocolate chip cookie is good. Hot chocolate is above average, and their lasagna (served warm) is incredible! The portion is large enough to feed two people. I tagged along just to be a good husband, but this place turned out to be good enough for a visit even when I'm in the area by myself."

Now he and I disagree on what 'normal' food is of course, but I can't dispute his opinion of the Flying Apron!

Pros: good food, great staff, PARKING!!!
Cons: menu choices
OlyVeg
OlyVeg

What a relief!

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

I was so happy to see a vegan cafe when I visited Redmond. I had the flatbread sandwich, and it was quite tasty. I chose that because the other items seemed over-priced to me. I wanted some goodies, they looked really good, but were pretty pricy. Everything seemed to be $3.99 each. I ended up getting couple of scones from the day old box for half price, and they were quite delicious. It would be nice to have some music or something in there, it was awkwardly quiet. But the food was good and I so appreciated to have several vegan items available for lunch.

Pros: tasty, nice staff
Cons: pricey
kindlizard
kindlizard

Really good gf baked goods

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

We had my bday treats from here and they were all excellent. It was a lot of fun to walk the line and pick all vegan treats from the case. We did not get any of the lunches, but the sweets were great!!
Glad to go back, easy Redmond location. Not too spendy either.

Dear Owner and Manager of Flying Apron Bakery: